• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Surest way is to use glue traps and bait some with bacon and others with whole almonds. They will get stuck in the trap then you can dispatch them easily. I used a pellet gun to kill them. I used this method to get rid of 30+ rats in a 4 story office building.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Surest way is to use glue traps and bait some with bacon and others with whole almonds. They will get stuck in the trap then you can dispatch them easily. I used a pellet gun to kill them. I used this method to get rid of 30+ rats in a 4 story office building.
    Well, I don't relish the idea of my wife or me going out there and seeing live rats stuck on pieces of glue. Number 1, she'd freak out, she can't stand to see one in the yard. Number 2, what in hell am I supposed to do with live rats stuck, get a golf club and yell "fore" as I swing ??

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Well, I don't relish the idea of my wife or me going out there and seeing live rats stuck on pieces of glue. Number 1, she'd freak out, she can't stand to see one in the yard. Number 2, what in hell am I supposed to do with live rats stuck, get a golf club and yell "fore" as I swing ??
    I'm thinking a shovel and a trash can might just work well for that.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    A garrote works well

48EE537E-79A9-4842-9ADA-A3CB477EA46D.jpeg

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Italian rat trap
    My Italian Grandfather once owned an Italian store. My Father once asked him why he never saw a rat there. Poppa took him down to the basement. There was an old army blanket on the floor, the blanket was wet, and there was a plate of food in the middle. On the floor around the blanket was quick lime. The rats walk across the quick lime, but their feet are dry so no reaction. Then they walk to the food and back on a wet blanket, getting enough water on their paws to react with the quick lime. Then they lick those burning paws. When they do run off, they soon die, and the corpses do not give off that horrible dead rat smell.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

A bit extreme for the wife......

Top Bottom