• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Couple cats indoors and couple cats outdoors. Rats? Oh yeah, those dead, half eaten things I find every once in a great while walking around outside.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I can't stand cats.
    I know. I am not a cat person as I am a total dog person. In the old days I used to pass on potential suitors because of this. I had an aunt 27 years ago who had 12 cats in her place and I remember all the family would go to her place and help clean it up and I am guessing that is why I am haunted by cat urine.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I have never had a problem with rats, but I have with mice. I have used a mouse and rat poison called 'Just One Bite' with great results. The only place that I have found it for sale is at feed stores. Give it a try, I don't think that you will be disappointed.
    Just one bite kills dogs dead if they find a corpse. The vet can only watch. Hurts just to think about. :(

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    20 years ago I had a two-story house I bought and hated for several reasons although a very nice house built in the 1960s. The noises were heard the first night by my two daughters upstairs. I walked into the attic and examined the triangle shaped vents on each end and the protective screens had been ruined long ago. Neighbor across the alley said raccoons had been coming and going for years and previous owner ignored. I covered them up with 1/4 inch hardware cloth. The noises in attic continued so I placed one D-Con rat bait cube on top of ac unit and next day was gone. I put two cubes on it and they were gone overnight as well. I eventually put the entire damn box out and it was gone, feeding a damn army it seemed. I patched every tiny hole and crevice around the house, the 1/4 inch hardware cloth stapled under each turbine on roof. Personal issues were taking priority so never baited again. A few years ago UPS erred and sent a package to that address. Went to pick it up and told the lady who I was and asked if she had ever experienced anything weird in house. She said besides having her church come out to bless the house twice, she had to have all the walls torn out to get rid of rats. To this day I wish I'd asked her did they find where they were coming in. It was a pier and beam house with lots of ivy and noticed it had all been cleared out by them. Maybe they were crawling under all that foundation. They and roaches will survive nuclear war...

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Golden Murica works really well, but the corpses are poison. A small barrel version of the 5 gallon mouse trap baited with peanut butter encrusted with rolled oats works really well too as long as you empty it daily. I used 55 gallon open head drum versions to help control the mice in the quarters on Kahoolawe when it was still a prohibited island. Bonus: we used the drowned mice as fish bait in the prohibited waters and caught lots of big, tasty fish that were rarely caught in the rest of the state.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    The warfarin based products can be treated with vitamin K. Just one bite can’t. A dosed dog would need transfusions, which are crazy expensive. Lost a beautiful black lab after she found and ate a poisoned ground squirrel at the barn. Vet was helpless.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man - Good luck. Rats creep me out. I'm all for disposing of their nasty selves in any way possible that won't F-up other animals. Same with feral hogs. Vermin all. Good luck. How about you fry those fruckers?
    View attachment 451816
    I got one... and they work! But I promise you, you do not want to stick your hand in one without turning it off and or removing a battery. It will light you up!

Top Bottom