• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    This video struck me as being a pretty honest dialogue by Bill Whittle, as he struggles to address the potential good and the inherent societal harm raised by the Red Flag law issue. (Warning: it’s 30 minutes long)

Guns International

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I didn't watch the video, but I'm beginning to believe that we need to support some type of red flag law as long as the rights of the individual are protected by adequate due process.

Since most of the mass shooters gave off evidence of their mental distress, a viable red flag law Matt have prevented and intervened.

As gun supporters and shooting sport enthusiasts, I believe we can no longer drag our feet on this issue. We must make it a mental health issue, not a gun issue, and help support it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I come back to that quaint phrase, ‘the best laid schemes o’mice and men gang aft a-gley.

Actions to quench a mob mentality to ‘do something’ ensure their thirst is never slaked. Because it will happen again.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Oohrah, watch the video. You are (like me) the very type person I posted the video for. I’ve been struggling with the ‘concept’ of Red Flag laws. I would like to believe the laws could be written in such a way as to insure enough of ‘due process’ is protected, as to make them palatable to both sides. Or as Bill Whittle says, to “have my cake and eat it too”. But alas, I come to the undeniable conclusion, no matter how they’re written, it’s an infringement and will ultimately be found unconstitutional. The red flag laws are just inherently not how America works.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I was listening to Michael Berry on the way home last night. An older widow lady, 82, called in.
    She said she went to her doctor about having issues sleeping & was wondering what he could do for her. He recommended her going to go see a psychologist. She said she didn't want to go see one in fear of her loosing her LTC & would have no way to protect herself if the RED FLAG LAW was implemented & the boundaries were stepped over by the gubberment.

Thats my biggest fear with the RED FLAG LAW, once your on the data base of someone who seen a shrink. You may not be crazy but since you saw a shrink you are automatically lumped into the same group.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As gun supporters and shooting sport enthusiasts, I believe we can no longer drag our feet on this issue. We must make it a mental health issue, not a gun issue, and help support it.

If you actually beleive this, then the person should be the one taken from the home to get help they need, and not the guns.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Just another "govt. Did something" illusion of protection. Hell, they can't even accurately update NCICS. They are gonna try to do away with private transfers like some states have done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Good conversation. I admit, I don't have the answers, but as in the case with the Parkland shooter, there were a lot of red flags and it's hard not to say someone should have followed up on them.

I do like the video and although it didn't really offer much in the way answers, it does bring up good questions.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    What the hell is this supposed to mean?

Unfairly infringing is still infringing...
    More chicken shit talk ...

FB_IMG_1565299614031.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565299614031.jpg
      FB_IMG_1565299614031.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 609

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    If you actually beleive this, then the person should be the one taken from the home to get help they need, and not the guns.

Yep. If someone’s so “dangerous” that they need their second amendment rights taken away, then why should they be free to drive cars, use knives, or be out in the public? There are plenty of ways for a mass killer to do harm without guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    In the parkland fiasco there were no warnings there was plain writing on the wall in huge florescent paint that was flat out ignored to make the school look good. The kid had broken several laws and should have been behind bars.

If you think the Government is going to settle and stop at due process then take the guns you are dead wrong when the gun grabbers take over all 3 levels of government they will morph the laws on the books into whatever they want and if you think at some point the Dems will not control it all it may not be in 5 years or 10 but at some point they will. Hell at this point we are not safe with a large number of R's

There are enough laws on the books to handle this shit. Its just not enforced.

Can every mass killer be stopped nope and even without access to guns if that was possible and its not. They will just move on to some other form of terror cars bombs knives hammers clubs.

Do you think if someone is really intent on killing a large number of people they will not just go out on the street and get a gun illegally how long do you think It would take to get your hands on a gun off the books if you really really really wanted to.

Most of the shooters have come from decent homes and I am sure could have gotten several thousand in cash witout much effort. Ya they might have stolen moms jewlery or dad tools.

Red Flag laws will only mess with honest people just like any other gun related laws.

Criminals do not follow the law.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It started out with "red flag laws" in Germany, where people had to prove to their government that they are worthy of owning a gun and could show a special need to have one for self-defense, and now look at them:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-road-terrifying-sword-attack-Stuttgart.html

"Hysterical bystanders screaming at the suspect to stop as he stands over his helpless victim in the middle of the street". Yeah, screaming is about the only form of self defense left in Germany. For now anyway. Soon they're gonna make that illegal, too.

Top Bottom