• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Snuck up on us quick... I totally forgot until reminded yesterday evening. Anyone else hitting this up? I hear this one is supposed to be the best Reliant show. Any validity in that rumor? Maybe I'll sneak in on Sunday.
    Venture Surplus ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It's the best show that Houston has, only 3X a year.

While it's down from it's glory days at the Astrohall, it's still a good one. (Thank god the ammunition ban has been lifted.)

I plan on spending at least half a day there tomorrow, and might come back Sunday if something sparks my interest. Probably be wearing a beat up hat that SC Texas gives out and a green Beretta shirt.

If you have kids and want to give them a game, go the the HGCA website and down load a copy of the items that are prohibited for sale at the show. Give them each a copy and the first one to check all the items off the list gets a cookie. Might take most of the show, but you can usually do it, or get real close.

redneckinmontrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    HGCA Show info

Show will be in Hall A

Special appearances noted on the flyer:

Col. Dick Cole-Col. Doolittle's co-pilot on the 1942 raid on Tokyo from aircraft carrier

Col. Joe McPhail-Marine Corsair Pilot, WWII & Korean War

Capt. A.J. High-B25 Piot WWII Aleutian Islands & early pilot for Trans Texas Airlines

Celeste Graves-Dispatcher Civilian Pilot Training 319th Army Air Force Womens Flight Training (WASPS)

CW4 Daniel Flores-qualified in AH-1 Cobra helicopters AH-64 Apache helicopters in Afganistan 2005; fiercest fighting in the Hindu Kish Mountains & Korengal Valley

Pearl Harbor Survivers

:patriot:

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    was hoping the appraiser was going to make it here tonight to look at this collection i bought so that i would know which ones to take up there since i cant take a wagon full. That is the main reason i wont go, as a disabled vet its kinda hard to walk around the shows all day either carrying things to sell or trying to carry out bulk ammo then walk down the block with it to get back to the car.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    was hoping the appraiser was going to make it here tonight to look at this collection i bought so that i would know which ones to take up there since i cant take a wagon full. That is the main reason i wont go, as a disabled vet its kinda hard to walk around the shows all day either carrying things to sell or trying to carry out bulk ammo then walk down the block with it to get back to the car.

Sir, if I was ever at the same show as you, I'd be honored to carry your bulk ammo to the car for you. I'm sure I'm not alone. Don't ever be afraid to ask, I think it would make most American's day to help out a vet. Thank you for serving our country.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Sir, if I was ever at the same show as you, I'd be honored to carry your bulk ammo to the car for you. I'm sure I'm not alone. Don't ever be afraid to ask, I think it would make most American's day to help out a vet. Thank you for serving our country.

Thank you but im the kind of guy that wont ask for help. Last time i went to a show i had to park about a mile and a half away and found a great deal on 7.62x54r (got two crates [4 cans]) for $180. That was a long painful walk but for that price i couldnt pass it up.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Almost 0600, got more sleep than normal last night, reckon I'll go.

Any comments, positive or negative, from those that went Saturday?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It was pretty good show, I was rushed yesterday and am going back today by myself with more time. Had a few friends who wanted to cover it quickly, and I did not find the few things I wanted, or compare prices on a few items.

What surprised me was some of the vendors that usually had higher prices were actually lower than others in the show. AJC sports beat the next best price on the Rossi Ranch Hand by almost $50, and had a couple of other good deals.

Did not find anyone selling replacement threaded bull barrels for the 10-22. Might have missed them, but probably should have gotten one at the GRB for $109 last weekend.

Top Bottom