• Sure why not?

• Factory only

Results are only viewable after voting.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    Someone suggested I try ammoseek yesterday (to get cheaper brass because there's a lot of advice against steel from my other thread) so I did and there are some sites with really cheap $8/box 9mm (most have crazy shipping that makes it $280/1000 rds again though, gotta search harder for the $240/1000 rds), but pretty much all the $8/box ones were reman (remanufactured) ammo from spent casings. The disclaimer on all of them saying, "a small percentage of the primers will fail to ignite" really turned me off as well.

Do you guys trust this? I never really searched for this before, heard about it once in a Youtube video, but didn't sit right with me. The thought of them made me feel like they were just going to explode. I've never used them so I don't really know for sure, and I like cheap stuff, so I want to know what's your guys' idea on reman ammo.

Do you guys shoot it? - or would you consider shooting them?
    Do you guys have any qualms about it? - and shoot anyway, or avoid them?
    Reman or steel? - if you had only these two choices, what would you choose?

Looking at past posts, it doesn't appear that reman ammo has a bad reputation. So I might get some.
    Currently eyeing these:
    Venture Surplus ad

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    I have no issues shooting the factory reloads. I bought from 2awarehouse.com and freedommunitions.com. Never had an issue. I think it's a little dirtier but it all goes bang and put holes in paper.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Google the top 3-4 remanufatures and pick one. Buy a small batch and test it in your guns before committing to a larger order.
    I bought 2000 rounds of 45 from LAX and every round went bang and every round hit MOA of target just like Factory Speer,Hornady and CCI have done for me.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Google the top 3-4 remanufatures and pick one. Buy a small batch and test it in your guns before committing to a larger order.
    I bought 2000 rounds of 45 from LAX and every round went bang and every round hit MOA of target just like Factory Speer,Hornady and CCI have done for me.

MOA from a 45? That's very impressive.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I've had good success with remanufactured ammo from Parabellum Research made in Bastrop, TX.

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Reman ammo has a huge range of quality. A few decades ago Collins cartridge Co had decent reman ammo, then old man Collins died. I've also bought gunshow no name reloads that sucked badly. Some bullets would push into the cases. Even large scale reloading companies have their hiccups. A buddy at the last shop I worked at had some lax 40cal reloads blow his extractor off from a head rupture.

Now I stick with my own reloads, tried and true recipes. If you're patient you'll find reasonable case prices through target sports, sgammo or ammo supply warehouse. Then there's the annual holiday sales that offer good opportunities to stock up. Strike while the iron is hot(holiday sales) or from a person selling off and hope you can stretch those supplies.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't, unless you count reloads from trusted friends. I might if factory prices were crazy and remans were cheap and from a big, reputable company.

Top Bottom