• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I really don't have any interest in current production guns. But, when this 3 inch Python, with an extra set of custom shop grips, came along at an incredible price, I had to jump on it.

I have handled several of the new Pythons and every one of them had a great DA trigger pull and a horrible SA trigger pull. I'm not sure how they pulled that off. But, they are made to be fired DA anyway.

python1.jpg

python2.jpg

C7Z062019

Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    I really don't have any interest in current production guns. But, when this 3 inch Python, with an extra set of custom shop grips, came along at an incredible price, I had to jump on it.

I have handled several of the new Pythons and every one of them had a great DA trigger pull and a horrible SA trigger pull. I'm not sure how they pulled that off. But, they are made to be fired DA anyway.

View attachment 411570

View attachment 411571
    My Taurus 605 has a great DA and SA trigger. I'll still trade you smooth even though! LOL You have a nice gun!

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    My Taurus 605 has a great DA and SA trigger. I'll still trade you smooth even though! LOL You have a nice gun!
    Well, dang, I already have a Taurus 605. I put some Galloway springs in it and polished it a little when I had it apart. While not a smooth as my old Model 10, it's pretty slick.

While I shoot my DA revolvers in DA, the SA pull doesn't really matter much to me.

Txdweeb

Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Range report of the red dot s&w 19. I zeroed at 15 yards supported with 38spc 158gr and off hand and it definitely is weird at first compared to a semi. After 30 rds I got the hang of it and it makes longer shots really easy I was able to hit a hostage steel swinger at about 28-30yards without issue, iron sites an wheel gun no chance at all.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I realy do not know which one I prefere ! Just to share.

View attachment 424036
    I saw the video on that one. Interesting.

As an aside - Please take a moment to read the rules about commercial accounts. I realize that's not what you're doing but if you were in Texas, you'd need to be talking to the board owner.

Semper Fidelis

Apr 11, 2022
    Geneva - SWITZERLAND
    As an inventor, always interested in mecanisms, all of them, especialy the old ones.
    Even manufacturing, my only pleasure here is to share my enthusiasm with other enthusiasts.
    Sorry for the quality of the pic, just shot with my old mobile phone.
    Allen vs Cooper, two old double action revolvers !

20240102_011021.jpg

Top Bottom