• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    From the comments-I'm still not sure what game you would go after with a 40 grn bullet at 2800 fps? Reply- −Zachary marrs Phil W "Associate Editor TFB"13 hours agoHouse Cats

Ha, I will add: Nothing a Hornady 40 grn V-MAX at 3800 fps from a .223/5.56 will do a heck of a lot better.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not the best, but when you can use the same mags and caliber for your varmint gun that you do in your badass .22 TCM 1911 it gets very appealing.

Gonna check out the article, these rifles have been vapor wear for years.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looks like I probably won't be making that bulk BMG ammo purchase for a little bit.

Now I gotta speak with my FFL tomorrow.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408656901.687940.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Boring... It needs to be a magazine in the grip semi-auto 16" carbine instead. Would be a nice prairie dog/coon/opossum stalker.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    No it's not.

How did you reach that conclusion?

Just a quick grab off the InterWebz

218 BEE

22 Hornet ? Nosler

They all push a 40gr bullet around 2300-2600 fps. The K-Hornet and Mashburn Bee a little better.
    And I'm a little skeptical that round really reaches 2800fps with that itty-bitty case. Gun companies selling new stuff tend to be a bit generous with speed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just a quick grab off the InterWebz

218 BEE

22 Hornet ? Nosler

They all push a 40gr bullet around 2300-2600 fps. The K-Hornet and Mashburn Bee a little better.
    And I'm a little skeptical that round really reaches 2800fps with that itty-bitty case. Gun companies selling new stuff tend to be a bit generous with speed.

I was thinking more along the lines of physical properties when read your post.

Those other rounds probably offer better bullet selection. I know .22 Hornet does, never shot or held a .218 bee.

As to velocity: I can say for a fact, because I have the handgun and have run it over a crony, that it actually surpasses the advertised velocity for the 1911 model.

Don't know if I still have the numbers written down from my test since I don't reload it. Just did it out if curiosity.

Edit: Found the chrony data still in my notebook.

TCM 22 1911, 5" barrel

Avg velocity: 2060

ES: 16

SD: 6

I think the advertised velocity is about 1900fps.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I like the look of the rifle ok, but somebody enlighten me on why someone would want a rifle in that cartridge? - sorry YG (aka fanboy) - just curious. I can see getting a 1911 in it. Varmint stopper without the issues of just about any semi-auto's in 22 LR - I'm somewhat jaded because I haven't shot one yet that doesn't FTE periodically and I've got two.

At the ~$.40/round street price, I would think there would be lots of other cheaper, and perhaps better options.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I like the look of the rifle ok, but somebody enlighten me on why someone would want a rifle in that cartridge? - sorry YG (aka fanboy) - just curious. I can see getting a 1911 in it. Varmint stopper without the issues of just about any semi-auto's in 22 LR - I'm somewhat jaded because I haven't shot one yet that doesn't FTE periodically and I've got two.

At the ~$.40/round street price, I would think there would be lots of other cheaper, and perhaps better options.

Rob,

Basically its a 250yd capable 22LR.
    Very low recoil.
    Usually quite accurate.
    Lightweight gun.
    Yeah, ammo is pricey but these days which caliber isn't? If you want to stroke out go price some 218 Bee. Be sure to take along your nitro pills.
    I'm sure its fun little cartridge.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, just because dammit. Lol.

Personally, I've had no FTF/FTE problems with my 1911.

If you're not in love with the 1911 version, I doubt you'll give 2 shits about the rifle.

To me, it's just a really awesome round that (in the handgun) offers 5.7 performance for half the price (for gun and ammo). The rifle will not do anything that can't be done by something else, but I gotta have one because I love the little rounds.

I can't justify it any better than I could justify buying the handgun version. But I will get one all the same.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The rifle probably sucks and I hope nobody tries to rush out and get one.

Because I think y'all are good people I will hunt one down as soon as possible and give a review. In the meantime, tell everyone you know NOT to get one, and if you see one TELL ME immediately.

Thank you.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Well, just because dammit. Lol.

Personally, I've had no FTF/FTE problems with my 1911.

If you're not in love with the 1911 version, I doubt you'll give 2 shits about the rifle.

To me, it's just a really awesome round that (in the handgun) offers 5.7 performance for half the price (for gun and ammo). The rifle will not do anything that can't be done by something else, but I gotta have one because I love the little rounds.

I can't justify it any better than I could justify buying the handgun version. But I will get one all the same.

"Just because" ;) I completely get that. Why the next gun I buy will probably be a revolver makes no sense whatsoever.

Like I said, I also totally get it in your 1911. Maybe I didn't state it very well, but every .22 LR semi-auto pistol I've ever put a decent amount of ammo through had an issue or two.

Top Bottom