• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This might only be news to me...I had an interesting chat with an Uber driver yesterday.

He said Uber/Lyft drivers - knowingly and unknowingly - are shuttling drug dealers and hookers around.

According to him, here’s how it works:
    Passenger hops in with a bag or backpack, and they aren’t allowed to ask what’s in it.

Dealers either ask the driver to wait and take them around to the next delivery, or they’ll simply hail different drivers after each delivery.

The drug dealer is totally safe - if the car gets pulled over for whatever reason, any probable cause for search is for the driver, not the passenger.

Prostitutes are simply getting rides to their next John, and they’re chatty/open about it.

Same deal with probable cause.

I’d never heard this before, but it makes total sense.

You guys ever hear about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun Zone Deals

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We use ridesharing a lot.

Need to take the wife’s truck to the shop?
    Call an Uber to take me home so I’m not waiting around.

Going out drinking with friends?
    Definitely hop in an Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That is definitely one of the great things about these ride services.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I drove a cab many years ago, late '70s, at Ft Hood. For about 3 yrs at night.
    It was interesting to say the least.
    Uber will be part of my retirement plan. There will be at least 2 cameras in the vehicle. One will be to show the passengers and what belongs to who.
    I know several people that do or have driven for Uber/Lyft, including 2 off duty cops. This has not been a problem.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Too many stories, not nearly enough time to type them.
    The cab drivers knew who the hookers, pimps and drug dealers were. They used cabs a lot.
    Short story, we got hassled for them using cabs. How often depended on how bored the cops were. But by law, we had to transport them like anyone else as long as they paid. We were only responsible for what they did while in the car. Not what they did out of it or their personal belongings.

With the advances in dash cams, with video and sound, who has, says or does what in the car is quite a bit easier to prove and can be done on the spot. A copy can even be given to LE on the spot for evidence. Any driver that doesn't have at least one would be crazy given how cheap they are these days. And how often women want to claim assualt just to be mean.

I know there used to be a show on HBO about Taxi drivers in NYC showing what kind of stupid things people do and say in a cab late at night. And then they were stupid enough to sign a release to show others how stupid they were.
    Yup, an eye opener for some folks.

And they were not even showing the really good stuff........

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom