• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alanwk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    El Paso, TX
    I just put a Romeo 5 red dot on my ar15. The red dot seems really small. Can the size of the dot be increased? also when looking through the wrong end there are like 3 red dots. Other than that all seems good. Any comments are welcome. Thank you
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I just put a Romeo 5 red dot on my ar15. The red dot seems really small.…
    It is relatively small at 2 MOA. That effectively means at 100 yards, the dot will cover approximately 2” of space on a target and, ideally, a round fired will impact somewhere in that space on the target.

… Can the size of the dot be increased?
    Nope, the Romeo5 is a fixed 2 MOA dot. You can increase brightness of the dot and give the appearance of a slightly larger dot though it can get fuzzy if too bright.

… also when looking through the wrong end there are like 3 red dots...
    That’s why it’s called the wrong end. When you’re looking thru that end (and close enough), you’ll see the illuminator/dot generator, and at least one reflection of the dot on the lens. It’s why some manufacturers incorporate provisions for a honeycomb or other cap to reduce the chances of the illumination being seen by someone who’s being used as a target.

ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX
    3 to 6 moa preferred for pistol, 2 moa for carbines is what I always read. I have a Sig Romeo 5 on my EP9 and it is perfect IMO.

Top Bottom