• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    i wouldn't use a MINI 30 as your go to rifle, because most of the cheap 7.62 rounds use corrosive primer, that means you probably need to clean it everytime you fire the weapon. it does have better knock down power than the MINI 14. end of world rifle, i'd chose PCC , alot of knock down power, accurate at 100 yard.

Depends on your definition of "cheap". Commercial 7.62x39mm is dropping back into the $200/1000 realm again.

Pistol cal carbines and stopping power? Completely different league than a rifle-cal carbine. Pistol calibers don't generate the velocity needed to do the kind of damage you'll get out of a rifle caliber.

Just a note - I'd include .30 Carbine with the pistol calibers. It's at or just below that magic 2000 FPS mark when fired from a carbine.
    Lynx Defense

phatcatblues

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Mckinney
    mostly likely the surplus are mercury primed, or when they are made before the 50's they are corrosive. you are right about the knock down power, i wasn't thinking when i said that, i just thought the PCC more effective for close range defense. 5.7x28mm will get your close to 3000FPS on a PS90 or a Five-Seven pistol for little over 2600FPS if use the right ammo, when is aid right ammo i mean ELite.

pigdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Yeah, I agree with those who say that the Mini is a decent, handy and fun shooter. But good luck trying to scope it. Its just not made for accessories or accuracy. A fun gun though. Me and my brother-in-law shoot 1,000 rounds of wolf ammo through a mini-14 in two weeks with zero malfunctions. That being said, after the first hundred rounds in the two outings we shot those thousand rounds, the grouping of the shots opened up dramatically. I'm talking 8" to 12" to lucky if you hit the target groups. But we had a good time betting on who could hit what at various distances.

Top Bottom