• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    What do y'all use if you have some? I have some magnified ones that work okay but I'm always switching between them and my regular glasses which means sometimes I forget.

Anyway, got any recommendations?
    ARJ Defense ad

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I just wear my glasses and use a face shield when working in the shop.

For shooting, I have to either wear my reading glasses to see the sites, my driving glasses to see the target, or just safety glasses. Shooting outdoors in good light, safety glasses are ok.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    What do y'all use if you have some? I have some magnified ones that work okay but I'm always switching between them and my regular glasses which means sometimes I forget.

Anyway, got any recommendations?
    I get safety clear bi focals made ...and a pair of safety "sun" type glasses made....(some times? I get two years out of a prescription, other years? My eyes change enough to require a new scrip.

Prior to retirement, I would get a pair of 12" focus (for TIG work) made one year. Then a pair of 18" focus (for stick work) the next.

Seemed to work out OK...?

For shooting? I have the right lens set to a 48" focus with the left lens the normal "distance" grind...

I do so many things that could be eye ball hazards, I have to say that the day I needed glasses? Was a GOOD thing!

Hope this helps

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I always used regular safety glasses over my contacts. While at GE I had a manager who said I couldn't wear contacts so I gave him a $400 bill for Rx safety glasses. The following year I went back to wearing my contacts.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    With my everyday wear pair, I get everything, progressive/no line bifocal, auto darkening, no glare, and scratch resistant. I didn't realize just how much I've adapted to the no line bifocal, UNTIL I didn't put that into my work pair of safety glasses, HUGE mistake. They work ok for everything until I have to use the computer, it's in the mid distance and I can't see anything. My recommendation, get safety glasses with everything.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    With my everyday wear pair, I get everything, progressive/no line bifocal, auto darkening, no glare, and scratch resistant. I didn't realize just how much I've adapted to the no line bifocal, UNTIL I didn't put that into my work pair of safety glasses, HUGE mistake. They work ok for everything until I have to use the computer, it's in the mid distance and I can't see anything. My recommendation, get safety glasses with everything.
    What brand/where did you get yours?

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    What brand/where did you get yours?
    Sorry, I can't tell what brand they are, it's worn off. I got them at our local "My Eye Dr" here in Corsicana. It had been a very long since I had had to shop for safety glasses, I was very surprised at the selection. Fairly good looking metal frames, plastic frames, and more safety glasses looking frames (what a company would issue). I went as cheap as I could (hence, not getting the no line) and even with the measly $125 reimbursement, I was still close to $400 (including exam).

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    My company is pretty intense toward maintaining and raising the bar on OSHA regs, they buy me a set of rated safety glasses in my prescription; side shields and all. Old military issue BCGs got nothing on these things...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I tried my cheapo face shield yesterday and didn't care for it. Grabbed some over the glasses 3M deals and those are working great. And for $10 it's like a sore d*ck.

You can't beat it.

1710627016708.png

Top Bottom