Target Sports

Saddle River Range in Magnolia/Woodlands Question, ID Required for all Purchases??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I was driving by Saddle River Range and being new to the area and having never been there, I decided to drop in and check the place out. It is nice and there is a little restaurant and lots of guns, ammo and supply's in the store. While browsing around I saw that they had a particular handgun magazine that I had been looking for and I decided to buy it. Can someone explain to me why they required a drivers license in order to sell me a magazine? I could not get a straight answer from the young gal that was ringing up the sale, she just said that ID was required for all purchases. What the hell is that all about?
    Capitol Armory ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Dunno.

Maybe they are trying to verify they are not selling to illegal immigrants.

Not allowed to pick and choose who they ask.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Building a data base off your information. Not much different the loyalty cards for groceries.
    a database can be compiled without my DL and a loyalty card is not a requirement to shop for groceries.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    a database can be compiled without my DL and a loyalty card is not a requirement to shop for groceries.
    You are absolutely correct but, most loyalty cards are where the discounts come from buying groceries. Without the card you pay more. My loyalty card also earns points that can be exchanged for 5% off + 5% off for being a senior. Needles to say I only shop on Tuesdays & Thursdays for the senior discount.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Can someone explain to me why they required a drivers license in order to sell me a magazine? I could not get a straight answer from the young gal that was ringing up the sale, she just said that ID was required for all purchases. What the hell is that all about?
    Did they just want to look at it or did they want to scan it? Did you comply?

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I'd a said bye and dropped the magazine on the floor as I walked out the place!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    No way. I'd tell them not only no but hell no.
    If they don't want my cash they can go jump in the lake.
    I don't need them.
    Besides there are only about 200 others places around town that will sell me the exact same thing.

I don't like that place anyway. Had a run in there over my fired brass.
    They demand you use only brass case ammo and then have the nerve to demand that any fired brass is theirs. They can FOAD.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I was in SRR today @ 1130; picking up my s&w model 27-2 I'd had in for a deep cleaning and parts check. I didn't show an id when I turned the gun over to the smith on the counter last week. Wasn't asked for an id today (they just asked for my phone nr. and which gun I'd checked in). I've probably been in the store/range a couple hundred times since it opened; only times I've showed an id was when buying a gun. Haven't shot on their range in several months, don't remember if they asked me for a license or id for the range. Pretty sure I've never been asked of any kind of id when buying ammo. Bought several Meggar +2 mags for my Hi Power and a couple of 45 rd. mags for the AR and wasn't asked for an id on those occasions.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I did hand it to her and she typed something into the computer. I assume my name and address. Perhaps the young lady was new or did not know what she was doing. Either way I wasn't overly concerned I just had never experienced that for something as simple as a magazine.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Have never shown ID except to enter the range there. I haven't bought a gun from them, because non-member prices are 3 extra chromosomes levels of retarded. Texas Loot, Big Tex Ordnance, and TX Arsenal all have better prices, as does Academy if you're looking for basic bitch guns.

Hell, I was just in at Big Tex Ordnance today to look around - I went to get range ammo - I wound up dropping over $800 because of a deal I couldn't pass up.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    They can by them when in Texas though. Might not be legally able to take them back but I don't know of any law saying they can't buy them when in Texas.
    When I lived in Cali, we occasionally went to some gun shows in Nevada. One of us would rent a car in Nevada so the Cali DOJ wouldn't get our Cali plate. Paid cash for any questionable purchases and never had to show ID. Of course, this is a story a good friend of mine related to me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom