• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Not sure if this has been done, I didn't see it if it had, but I think a sticky or thread we can add to for places that don't want our business.

I was at the Regal Live Oak theater the other night and saw a 30.06 sign. It did not meet the required standards so I respectfully ignored it, however, I will no longer give them my business.

Just curious of any other places with legitimate signs so I can stop giving them my money.
    DK Firearms

Lord

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    I wrote them a letter about that sign. same theater. I haven't been back since. they replied and tell me it's for the safety of all who go there.

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I wrote several letters to the GM and corporate office. Got in a nice pissing match. They told me they had expert advise on those signs. I asked them to send me the list of who advised them, but the wouldn't, couldn't. I told them that their signs are non enforceable and that i wouldn't be concerning myself with them.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I wrote several letters to the GM and corporate office. Got in a nice pissing match. They told me they had expert advise on those signs. I asked them to send me the list of who advised them, but the wouldn't, couldn't. I told them that their signs are non enforceable and that i wouldn't be concerning myself with them.

Don't do that.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Guys, please, do NOT ever point out to a business that they have an invalid 30.06 sign. The only things that can happen are that they will put up a proper sign, then we're all screwed, or they'll give you verbal notice, and then you're noticed whether the sign is valid or not.

Assume they knowingly posted an unenforceable sign to appease the anti's, and shut up!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

Why?!?

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    Because the signs do not meet the required size, language, etc set forth by Texas Code.

So, if it's unenforceable, what do you care?

More to the point, do you want their signs to meet the legal requirements, thereby keeping us out...or would you prefer that we all continue to have the legal right to carry there? There is no need to help them restrict our ability to carry.

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I agree fully, but I can't stand companies that only put up half ass stuff as a way to apease the sheeple. If they don't want me there, fine, I will take my business elsewhere. Otherwise, don't put up a half ass sign, man up as a company and stop trying to appease the sheeple.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I agree fully, but I can't stand companies that only put up half ass stuff as a way to apease the sheeple. If they don't want me there, fine, I will take my business elsewhere. Otherwise, don't put up a half ass sign, man up as a company and stop trying to appease the sheeple.
    You're just not making sense. Rather than ignore the unenforceable sign thereby "thumbing your nose" at their ignorance, you'd prefer to correct them and no longer be allowed to legally carry there. Or, if not you, me perhaps. Maybe I choose to continue to shopping there for whatever reason. You correcting them now impacts my ability to carry there, when the astute observer would just leave well enough alone.

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    You're just not making sense. Rather than ignore the unenforceable sign thereby "thumbing your nose" at their ignorance, you'd prefer to correct them and no longer be allowed to legally carry there. Or, if not you, me perhaps. Maybe I choose to continue to shopping there for whatever reason. You correcting them now impacts my ability to carry there, when the astute observer would just leave well enough alone.

I suppose that's one way to look at. I'm pretty sure they won't correct it. It would take to much time and effort. I felt the need though to advise them of thier ignorance and educate them on gun-free zones. I won't go there anymore regardless because I won't give my money to company that doesn't support my rights. They may be to lazy or ignorant to put up a correct sign, OR maybe they don't really care, but feel the need to appease the sheeple, either way, it's horseshit and they have made their desire clear.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I suppose that's one way to look at. I'm pretty sure they won't correct it. It would take to much time and effort. I felt the need though to advise them of thier ignorance and educate them on gun-free zones. I won't go there anymore regardless because I won't give my money to company that doesn't support my rights. They may be to lazy or ignorant to put up a correct sign, OR maybe they don't really care, but feel the need to appease the sheeple, either way, it's horseshit and they have made their desire clear.
    Your efforts would be better used in writing letters to places that have the sign but aren't allowed to. Burleson recreation center being one such

Top Bottom