• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ManCow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Rio Grande Valley
    Hey everyone, I just moved to San Antonio from the valley, and I'm trying to track down a good CHL class. I'm pretty new to the city, as in just a couple weeks, so to be honest I don't even know where there are any good ranges either.

If you guys have had a particularly good or bad experience with an instructor or range, I'd really appreciate it.
    Lynx Defense

Klacktor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Modern Elite Firearms in Bitters and 281 is a good little program. Plus the instructor Carlos is a veteran and a stand up dude by all means.
    I took my course at lone star. The course was great, but the class size was bigger and the range test was rather time consuming.
    Also to be good and honest the owner was rude to me (and me only)specifically (why I don't know) although he seems to be a very nice dude otherwise.
    I was purchasing a firearm from Carlos at MEF whilst a class was being taught and I thought the curriculum was being wwell covered.

I give lone star my full recommendation, but please also consider MEF if you're after smaller class size and more 1 on 1 attention.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Around 1604 and Bandera road

My wife works over there off of Bandera rd, I know Bass Pro Shop offers CHL classes and you shoot at the indoor range they have. I am going to go through Lonestar Handgun though, my BIL went through them and said they are stand up guys, disabled veteran owned and ran.

Top Bottom