• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I have been tempted to go the San Marcos gunshow but have yet to attend one. Sad to say fiinding better deals at Pawnshops.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have been tempted to go the San Marcos gunshow but have yet to attend one. Sad to say fiinding better deals at Pawnshops.
    Yeah, truly a sad state of affairs. Used to love gun shows. My first date with Mrs. Hoji was a gun show.
    Now the “ I know what I got” fudds and dealers seem to have taken over like kudzu.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    So I went to the San Marcos show today and it was very different than the last several shows I went to there. I got her early, about 10:30 and there were parking spaces everywhere. No line to get in. Aisles were not crowded at all, but like I said, I got there earlier than usual. Firearms were priced as they previously were. New guns were sky high. Collector guns or older guns ran from pretty good prices to crazy. Ammo was not too bad.

I bought a couple of boxes of 30 Super Carry Critical Defense cheaper than I could order it and no shipping or tax.
    I bought 3 7.62x39 AR15 mags and 400 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo for the same price as I could order them from PSA again with no shipping or tax.

I talked to several dealers and they gave mixed reviews on their business this weekend but it was generally light compared to previous shows which seemed a little strange to me if people were concerned about the pending new ATF rule.

I spent 2 hours there and when I left there was still no crowd and lots of open parking spots. I felt like it was worth the $20 just to get out of the house and mix with a few like minded folk.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    So I went to the San Marcos show today and it was very different than the last several shows I went to there. I got her early, about 10:30 and there were parking spaces everywhere. No line to get in. Aisles were not crowded at all, but like I said, I got there earlier than usual. Firearms were priced as they previously were. New guns were sky high. Collector guns or older guns ran from pretty good prices to crazy. Ammo was not too bad.

I bought a couple of boxes of 30 Super Carry Critical Defense cheaper than I could order it and no shipping or tax.
    I bought 3 7.62x39 AR15 mags and 400 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo for the same price as I could order them from PSA again with no shipping or tax.

I talked to several dealers and they gave mixed reviews on their business this weekend but it was generally light compared to previous shows which seemed a little strange to me if people were concerned about the pending new ATF rule.

I spent 2 hours there and when I left there was still no crowd and lots of open parking spots. I felt like it was worth the $20 just to get out of the house and mix with a few like minded folk.
    I've never been to a gun show on a Sun, but I would think it would be lightly attended since some could have gone Sat, and a Sun show competes with Church.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Being new to Texas, I haven't gone to either. I couldn't go this weekend because we had out of town guests.

How big are the shows? As in how many tables in Bastrop and how many in San Marcos?

I've been to shows in Taylor and Burnet, but both were fairly small to shows I used to go back north. The bigger shows weren't much different than what was described in this thread. New guns at MSRP, anything older remotely collectible were very high.

Appreciate any information, thanks.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Being new to Texas, I haven't gone to either. I couldn't go this weekend because we had out of town guests.

How big are the shows? As in how many tables in Bastrop and how many in San Marcos?

I've been to shows in Taylor and Burnet, but both were fairly small to shows I used to go back north. The bigger shows weren't much different than what was described in this thread. New guns at MSRP, anything older remotely collectible were very high.

Appreciate any information, thanks.

Your best bet is the San Marcos show, it is by far the largest in the area and you'll find a bigger selection of items.

New Braunfels and San Antonio Alzafar Shrine would be the next. As I don't know where the hippos hide, I am not sure how far you are from either but neither are worth more than a half-hour or 45 minute drive at the most. Maybe an hour if you're really enthusiastic.

As or prices, they're mostly high but occasionally there are deals to be found...

Top Bottom