• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2023
    San Antonio
    Thanks to information I gleaned from reading some of y'all's comments on this site, I decided to run up to San Marcos this weekend to check out their gun show. I'd never been there before.

I had an old shotgun to sell, which I accomplished in short order, and I managed to find some much needed large rifle primers (which I hadn't even seen in a couple of years) to support my reloading hobby.

The show was probably one of the best I've run across in several years. Much bigger than the Shriner shows in San Antonio that I've been to recently. Plus the facility, the City of San Marcos Conference Center, is really nice (It's connected to the Embassy Suites, which has its own grille, dining room, and coffee shop). Admission is a little pricey, at $20, but, FWIW, I will definitely make an effort to get back up there.
    DK Firearms

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    $20 is no bad for a Good gun show. Premier Gun Shows presents a show here in NRH Midcities area about 3 times a year. About 250 to 300 tables. Cost is $10 with $1 discount for Vets and seniors.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A group of us went this morning, it was everyone's first time and I have to say I was impressed!

The venue is large and nice, and for the most part the layout was adequate although there was a few places where the aisles were tight fits.

I have to say 95%+ of the vendors were gun-related, a welcomed sight compared to the old SAXET show in SA!

I won't go on about the prices, but they ran the gamut. My nephew is looking for a new carry pistol and there was a lot to look at; but I told him to check online on on Randolph AFB before purchasing to get the best deal. I wouldn't say gun and ammo prices were higher than any other shows, there were some deals to be had.

Overall, I think this is a show we'll go back to in the near future. Everyone agreed it was a great event and worth the time and money (including the $20 entry fee!).

srab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2023
    San Antonio
    According to the Facebook page, 600 tables.

I went back to the show this past weekend. I saw a healthy selection of primers and powders, and a fair mix of pistol, shotgun, and rifle venders (both older military and new AR-types). A few folks selling knives as well. Nice facility. Free parking. Overall a good show, IMHO.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    600 sounds right, the main hall was full and there were tables out in the hallways surrounding it...

Definitely a show we will go back to!

srab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2023
    San Antonio
    I haven't ever been to the NB gun show. But, looking at the Premier Gun Shows website regarding the NB show, it says it's 300 tables.

So, the San Marcos show is twice as large.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't ever been to the NB gun show. But, looking at the Premier Gun Shows website regarding the NB show, it says it's 300 tables.

So, the San Marcos show is twice as large.
    San Marcos is twice the size, twice the cost, and twice the drive relative to New Braunfels. I did buy twice as much stuff so I guess it's worth it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    San Marcos is twice the size, twice the cost, and twice the drive relative to New Braunfels. I did buy twice as much stuff so I guess it's worth it.

gum-twins.gif

Top Bottom