[Image: qTidIWc.jpg]

https://twitter.com/KenPaxtonTX/status/1...8349845734

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Earlier today, I read the wording of the lower court which originally slapped this one down and it raised some questions for me. I don't have the quote, but it basically said that it was never the intention for the states to interfere with the federal obligation to protect our borders. That makes sense. But what if the feds are NOT fulfilling their obligation? Normally, I like a decision that conforms to the intent of our Constitution. But do justices need to look at the context? IOW, is this working as the framers intended?

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    ... Normally, I like a decision that conforms to the intent of our Constitution. But do justices need to look at the context? IOW, is this working as the framers intended?
    Nope. Then again, not much is. :(

ETA - Only the stay was lifted, while the lawsuit continues, but my guess is it wouldn't have been lifted by the Supreme Court if TX wasn't going to prevail in the end. So it's still great news. :)

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Texas lawmakers on Tuesday praised the Supreme Court for backing the enforcement of a law that allows local and state authorities to arrest suspected illegal immigrants.

The 6-3 ruling paves the way for Texas to enforce its controversial law, SB 4, which the Biden administration argued was an intrusion into federal immigration enforcement, while it remains pending in a federal appeals court.

Excellent news.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Earlier today, I read the wording of the lower court which originally slapped this one down and it raised some questions for me. I don't have the quote, but it basically said that it was never the intention for the states to interfere with the federal obligation to protect our borders. That makes sense. But what if the feds are NOT fulfilling their obligation? Normally, I like a decision that conforms to the intent of our Constitution. But do justices need to look at the context? IOW, is this working as the framers intended?
    I would say that in order for a state to interfere with federal obligations the Feds would have to first fulfill that obligation. Then a state would have to act to prevent that obligation from being fulfilled.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Looks like an interesting foray into Texit, and one that's got some actual legal authority, not just because.

The next election will determine the path.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Anticipation and anger on Texas border as strict immigration law again on hold

McALLEN, Texas (AP) — A federal appeals court late Tuesday again prevented Texas from arresting and deporting migrants accused of entering the U.S. illegally, hours after the law briefly took effect.

Before a divided U.S. Supreme Court earlier let the state law take effect while a legal challenge plays out, some sheriffs were ready to relish an unprecedented state expansion into border enforcement, while others were reluctant...

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    if anyone bothers to read the many historical laws on immigration, they will see that most ALL of them are to prevent SLAVERY. With the thousands of illegals, they are/will basically become low-income workers. Unless WE the taxpayer support them (as is presently being done) until we got not dollars left. Perfect plan by Obummer/FJB.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Texas can now criminalize unauthorized migration at the state level. This includes the ability to arrest, jail, and deport illegal aliens.
    (Received via email from Texas AG Paxton at 9:05 AM) The media is blocking this, have searched everywhere even search engines outside of USA.

"The Supreme Court is allowing Texas to arrest and jail illegal immigrants who cross into the United States unlawfully."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom