• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I'm looking for 2 different sunshades for some scopes. 1st is a 3x9x40 Nikon prostaff. 2nd is a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 4x32. Do camera shops carry those for cameras possibly that would fit on a rifle scope? I called Nikon and they weren't any help. Optics Planet is out of stock. I don't want a rubber slip on. I'm looking for the aluminum/metal sunshades that screw on to the end of the scope. They are threaded so something has to fit on the end, right?
    DK Firearms

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Found the 40mm tube for the Nikon and ordered it. Still searching for the 4x32 sunshade for the Bushnell Banner. Any help? Anyone?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Good luck finding the proper thread patern.
    Honestly they are not required for shooting. That's why they are not sold with scopes. Esp like the scopes you want to pot them on.
    Now a nightforce or leupy target scope will be easy to get them because you can justify using them. A simple cardboard tube painted flat black inside and taped to the optic will do the same thing and it might prove to you nothing is gained.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    They work. I have used them before. I was just looking to put the right thing on my scope and, no offense, but I didn't want to bubbafy my rifle with toilet paper rolls and duct tape.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Call SWFA, CS Tactical, or one of the other big optics suppliers. I have used both and recommend both highly. Their CS is excellent and should be able to point you in the right direction.

Top Bottom