• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChisholmTrail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2023
    Texas
    Anyone have any experience with the Seekins Havak Element in magnum type calibers. My question comes from concerns about the durability of the aluminum action. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Capitol Armory ad

ChisholmTrail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2023
    Texas
    Understand that the lockup is stainless. Just a bit different for a bolt gun. Obviously it has been used in auto loading shotguns and AR type firearms. We also have polymer handguns and aluminum frames, but I think this may be a new thing for high pressure in a bolt action. Seekins PH2 have great reviews and everyone seems to love the weight of the Element. Some rifles get the light weight from titanium, some from skeletonized actions and carbon wrapped barrels and carbon fiber stocks. Anyway just observations.

bbean70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2024
    Houston
    I know your thread was from a while back. I Just recently joined. I have an Element in 6.5 PRC and would and will definitely be buying more of them. I love mine I don't think you would have anything to worry about with the aluminum. Great rifle and Great Customer Service.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I know your thread was from a while back. I Just recently joined. I have an Element in 6.5 PRC and would and will definitely be buying more of them. I love mine I don't think you would have anything to worry about with the aluminum. Great rifle and Great Customer Service.

Welcome to the Forum!

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    No experience with the Havak Element but Seekins Precision makes some good stuff. In regards to an aluminum action, magnum round with a lightweight stock, don't think the target audience is sending that many rounds downrange with it to really give a true torture test on it.

bbean70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2024
    Houston
    No experience with the Havak Element but Seekins Precision makes some good stuff. In regards to an aluminum action, magnum round with a lightweight stock, don't think the target audience is sending that many rounds downrange with it to really give a true torture test on it.
    the 6.5 PRC is not bad. You can shoot it all day suprisingly

Top Bottom