• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riteii

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    Hill Country
    I buy and sell a few guns. Some on this website and others. I was talking to a friend today who owns a deer stand company. He makes them, sells them, delivers and sets them up. He also has his FFL and sells a few guns inside his office. Driving down the road you would never know that he sells guns.

He asked me to give him some of my guns that I wanted to sell. He would handle and give me my sell price. He told me he wants 25% of the total sell. So, a gun that I would try to sell for $500, he is going to price at $666. Seems like a pretty high markup. Again, selling guns is not his main business, just a side business really. He has about 10 pistols and a few less rifles and shotguns that he is trying to sell.

Does his markup seem high to anyone else? I've never put a gun on consignment and just need to know if this pricing is normal. I think I've read that most the companies on Gunbroker take 15%.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Need more info.

Your “try to sell for” price, and/or his asking price, could be high, low, or just right...it depends on what is being sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve never come across a consignment where both the buyer and the seller got what they felt was a good deal.

Why doesn’t your guy just buy the gun from you that he wants to sell, then sell it again. Oh yeah, that would make him a dealer and need an FFL.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I’ve never come across a consignment where both the buyer and the seller got what they felt was a good deal.

Why doesn’t your guy just buy the gun from you that he wants to sell, then sell it again. Oh yeah, that would make him a dealer and need an FFL.

I thought he stated that the guy had an FFL?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I thought he stated that the guy had an FFL?

I’ve never seen that. I’ve only seen the dude in Lubbock referred to as a dealer or illegal dealer.

Asshats in the media though, they could **** up describing the process and details of farting, so there is that.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I’ve never seen that. I’ve only seen the dude in Lubbock referred to as a dealer or illegal dealer.

Asshats in the media though, they could **** up describing the process and details of farting, so there is that.

You realize that this is NOT a thread about the Odessa shooting, right??

Top Bottom