• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I just remembered that both my DL and LTC are expiring very soon. Not sure if I need or want to renew my LTC since they made it permitless carry. I don't know if there are benefits to having it still. I kinda thought it used to make the buying process go way faster on the background check when purchasing a firearm but I don't know for sure. I'm also not sure if I have to retake a course to renew.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    DK Firearms

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I just submitted my renewal about 10 days ago. It does have some advantages. For one, you can bypass background checks when purchasing a firearm. I think there are also places you can carry that you can't carry without a permit. Police have been known to be more lenient in traffic stops to LTC holders, at least anecdotally.

No, you are not required to take a course again or submit finger prints. Just go on line, fill out the request and pay. If you need any additional documentation, they will tell you. Go to this website and log in under returning user. https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I just checked the status of my renewal. Pending print, so I should have it about next Wednesday. It takes a little over two weeks, so get started now.

Reactions: gll

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I didn't have my glasses on and was picking up a TV I purchased at Best Buy. I got out my ID didn't realize it was my CHL (a few years ago) girl said she never saw one of those.

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Well, its in the process of being renewed. Hopefully I don't have to submit any paperwork. Did it all online. Confused about the price. Not sure if it was $82.95 or $42.95. Now I've got to get my drivers license done. Looks like I'm going to have to get a colonoscopy by the DMV again to prove who I am though. Seems I can't renew it online because I've never renewed it before.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Well, its in the process of being renewed. Hopefully I don't have to submit any paperwork. Did it all online. Confused about the price. Not sure if it was $82.95 or $42.95. Now I've got to get my drivers license done. Looks like I'm going to have to get a colonoscopy by the DMV again to prove who I am though. Seems I can't renew it online because I've never renewed it before.
    Glad you renewed, it really is just a few clicks away. No course, no quiz, no qualification.
    Yes, the benefit list is long but the best one, IMO, is that you don't have to disarm every time you see a dumazz gunbuster sign in fear of going to jail.
    Btw, your DL will be renewed by the DPS, not DMV. That one is for vehicles. And those people truly are lazy and stupid. Hence all the DMV jokes.

Top Bottom