• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nofir55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    Here are some Rice containers, Tennis balls containers and water jugs, that was put to a good use.
    Also a baby formula container that was painted black got a hole in the top and became supermarket bags dispenser.
    The brass pusher and deflector idea I stole from somewhere on the internet.

**If you have a CNC in your garage, it doesn't count !
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• IMG_8334.jpg
      IMG_8334.jpg
      156.4 KB · Views: 116
    • IMG_8331.jpg
      IMG_8331.jpg
      166.7 KB · Views: 104
    • IMG_8330.jpg
      IMG_8330.jpg
      84.8 KB · Views: 106
    • IMG_8332.jpg
      IMG_8332.jpg
      126.2 KB · Views: 104
    • IMG_8340.jpg
      IMG_8340.jpg
      109.9 KB · Views: 107
    • IMG_8342.jpg
      IMG_8342.jpg
      5.8 KB · Views: 119

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have some kitty litter containers I use for brass too. Handy!

And similar plastic jars. Very handy and easy to add to if you have a range day. It allows me to sort my brass after each range trip.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I have some kitty litter containers I use for brass too. Handy!

And similar plastic jars. Very handy and easy to add to if you have a range day. It allows me to sort my brass after each range trip.
    I have several Milk Bone containers that are used to sort brass.
    I use Windshield Washer containers filled with sand to support amateur radio antennas during commo exercises with my State Guard unit.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Over in the blackpowder area I use several kitchen items.
    Muffin baking pan for forming lube cakes.
    Teflon lined baking pans for dipping wads into melted lube then laying out on the pan to set. Makes for easy removal.
    Zip lock baggies for storage. Also use a bunch if these for cartridge brass separation and storage.
    Misc stuff like spatulas and measuring spoons and cups for mixing or handling powder.
    Tupperware bowls and containers for storage.
    Dawn and Ivory soaps for cleaning BP guns.
    Baking cleaned gun parts in the oven to dry them.
    Vegetable oil for seasoning steel parts. Just like a cast iron skillet.
    Old toothbrushes for cleaning.
    Candles for smoking bullet moulds. Excess wax can also be used as a flux when melting/processing scrap during refining.
    Misc baking pans for bullet casting. I drop the fresh hot bullets out of the mould into metal pans lined with small bar towels. When the towels get FUBAR they get tossed.
    Empty tuna fish cans. After washing they get used as lube pans, slag/dross collection pans from the lead melting pot, also used as a catch pan under the pour spout on the melting pot. It can drip molten lead so a small metal can is perfect for catching that. The drip scrap can then be dropped right back in the pot.
    Double boiler pot for making lube.
    Coffee cup heating pad for keeping the tuna can lube melted fir dipping bullets.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Old City of Houston green reycling tote has my range equipment in it. USPS boxes & envelopes are my brass storage.

I always wanted to steal man hole cover for range gongs. I got that Idea while walking the dog & finding the tool to pull the covers. I often thought that tool should be forged into a short sword cutless.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Over in the blackpowder area I use several kitchen items.
    Muffin baking pan for forming lube cakes.
    Teflon lined baking pans for dipping wads into melted lube then laying out on the pan to set. Makes for easy removal.
    Zip lock baggies for storage. Also use a bunch if these for cartridge brass separation and storage.
    Misc stuff like spatulas and measuring spoons and cups for mixing or handling powder.
    Tupperware bowls and containers for storage.
    Dawn and Ivory soaps for cleaning BP guns.
    Baking cleaned gun parts in the oven to dry them.
    Vegetable oil for seasoning steel parts. Just like a cast iron skillet.
    Old toothbrushes for cleaning.
    Candles for smoking bullet moulds. Excess wax can also be used as a flux when melting/processing scrap during refining.
    Misc baking pans for bullet casting. I drop the fresh hot bullets out of the mould into metal pans lined with small bar towels. When the towels get FUBAR they get tossed.
    Empty tuna fish cans. After washing they get used as lube pans, slag/dross collection pans from the lead melting pot, also used as a catch pan under the pour spout on the melting pot. It can drip molten lead so a small metal can is perfect for catching that. The drip scrap can then be dropped right back in the pot.
    Double boiler pot for making lube.
    Coffee cup heating pad for keeping the tuna can lube melted fir dipping bullets.
    I feel your pain.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Old school shaving lather brush when brand new are great for laying on an even coat of oil on guns. Hemostats are good for holding patches to swab out of reach places. Bronze brazing rods of various thicknesses have many uses. Wooden doll rods can be sharpened and used in cleaning guns

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Old school shaving lather brush when brand new are great for laying on an even coat of oil on guns. Hemostats are good for holding patches to swab out of reach places. Bronze brazing rods of various thicknesses have many uses. Wooden doll rods can be sharpened and used in cleaning guns

The brazing rod thing is a good one.
    I have a couple of short pieces that I hammered a flat point on, similar to a screwdriver, for use as a scraper to reach tight spots on gun cleaning.
    Also use them as extenders set in a gun barrel that is too short to reach the shelf in the gun safe. The rod sticks up far enough to rest in the notches for the gun to stand upright.

Top Bottom