• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasHorn7

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2023
    Dallas
    I have been saving plastic coffee containers for years. But since they are not clear, I often can't find what I am looking for. LOL.

Recently started saving the clear plastic containers from popping corn (I much prefer to pop corn the old fashioned way as opposed to microwave).

I use the clear jugs that come with peanut butter pretzels. Sometimes, I buy some of them for the kids just so I can have the jugs.
    Hurley's Gold

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Old school shaving lather brush when brand new are great for laying on an even coat of oil on guns. Hemostats are good for holding patches to swab out of reach places. Bronze brazing rods of various thicknesses have many uses. Wooden doll rods can be sharpened and used in cleaning guns
    <>

Tip: Hemostats have delicate jaws on purpose.

Instead, use ‘’needle drivers’’, which resemble hemostat clamps, but have stronger, pliers-like jaws, and are much more useful for almost all non-medical purposes.

For instance, for hook removers, or to manipulate small metal items, always use a needle driver. They are the tiny locking pliers of surgeons.

leVieux

<>

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    We had new neighbors moved in next-door to us in Tennessee. They decided to remodel their bathroom and removed a fiberglass one piece tub and shower unit.

The contractors had to cut it into six pieces to get it out of the house. They left it down on the curb for bulk trash.

I retrieved it and reassembled it, and turned it into a very large sandblasting cabinet for myself in the garage.

The access door and windows was an old fireplace glass screen. Used for years in my garage. I could even sandblast full-size fenders in there.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Wood is great for tools/ cleaning.

I put a little PSA sandpaper on popsicle stick for polishing flats/ skewer for smooth honing holes

Toothpick makes great slave pin, clip to size needed.

Skewer great for cleaning grooves, aligning safety install, etc

Chopstick for poking-out slide stop, spring manipulations, etc.

Wood sticks are more forgiving and don't scratch/gouge if you slip.
    wood.jpg

Top Bottom