Target Sports

Sig 9mms are better than Glock 9mms, prove me wrong!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX
    I have had a P226 for over 30 years and it just fires and fires through thousands of rounds. Everyone that shoots my Sig raves about how easy it is to shoot (it has aftermarket grips for a bigger hand). I have shot many Glocks and even own a Glock 43, but I do not shoot them as well as my Sigs. I also have a P365 and it is much smaller than the Glock 43 and I just shoot it better.

So lets light this place up, tell me why I am wrong?
    Lynx Defense

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have had a P226 for over 30 years and it just fires and fires through thousands of rounds. Everyone that shoots my Sig raves about how easy it is to shoot (it has aftermarket grips for a bigger hand). I have shot many Glocks and even own a Glock 43, but I do not shoot them as well as my Sigs. I also have a P365 and it is much smaller than the Glock 43 and I just shoot it better.

Dude, you’re a glutton for punishment. The only thing worse would be trying to justify a BOS.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    IBTL

I love my Sigs too. @ULEWZ you'll find not so much love for the striker-fired Sigs around here. (well, generally favorable for the 365 but mostly disdain for the 320). Championing Sigs as the best overall and above all... good luck with that.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    gzIeNoSl.jpg

I recently up graded my old West German Sig 226. I think I spent more on the Trijicon SRO then the gun originally cost me.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I shoot my Glock 34 better than I did any of the 9mm classic Sigs I've owned.

Sig striker fired guns are meh. Had an X-Macro, didn't love it. Got rid of it. Wouldn't drop money on another.

P320's keep going off in rigid duty holsters without external stimulous, and as a newer development they seem to be self disassembling with multiple examples of the higher end versions blowing up and ripping grip modules in half, so at this point you couldn't give me one and have me carry it or be super comfortable shooting it. I like my fingers as they are.

Don't get me wrong, I love classic metal framed hammer fired double action Sigs but I would say they're on par with Glocks, and overall Glocks are a more reliable gun with fewer parts, more available accessories and holsters. Sig's classics have had their hayday, and Sig of today is not the same Sig of yesteryear. I just wonder if the next war we fight, we don't see reports of Sig made rifles getting users killed, instead of the enemy.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Well you compared the 365 to the magic of the classics…so you’re wrong. The classics such as your p226, is a wonder nine. It can hang with the likes of a Glock or cz.

But the evolution (problems) of the 365 was terrible much like a lot of junk sig pushed to the market.

ULEWZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2023
    Georgetown TX
    Well you compared the 365 to the magic of the classics…so you’re wrong. The classics such as your p226, is a wonder nine. It can hang with the likes of a Glock or cz.

But the evolution (problems) of the 365 was terrible much like a lot of junk sig pushed to the market.
    Mine is a Gen 2. No problems, knock on wood. Easy to carry, and mine is crazy reliable so far.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom