• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Every time I think about getting a can I come and look at wait time threads. Cures me of wanting one every time.
    Can't get one if you don't wait. Its a real kick in the balls paying $1000+ for something then not having a hope of using it for 9+ months. A trick is to do it at an FFL with an attached range so you can use it until the stamp is approved, but its still strange owning something you cannot legally take home.

Its very discouraging I'll agree, but I also encourage people to get one if they are interested in quieter shooting. A year is an unreasonably long time to wait, but once you have it its yours forever. Easiest dipping your toes in is an affordable .22 can. $600+ still including the stamp but most people don't "miss" not having it until they do.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Oh I have shot with cans a bunch. It’s nice, but it’s not 500-600 dollars + how ever long the atf makes me wait nice.

Plus I shoot at public ranges so it’s not like I will be able to enjoy the main benefit. For me it’s a random itch that a quick read fixes.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Same boat as you friend, I want a couple more cans but really don't want to spend the cash on one and wait another year. But with the 2 that I do have I know later in life when I live in a rural area or possibly out of state I could use on my property. Not that Texas has any federal land for us to hike and shoot on, many other states do.

Then I guess if you watch too much youtube you can use it on your nightstand gun to not deafen yourself and blind yourself shooting an intruder. Not sure if anyone normal uses that logic though.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I've not confirmed this but people are saying they are getting processed in about 1 week! I find that impluasible, since I waited 10 months for mine.. but that's what I keep hearing. Anyone have any real-world experience on this.. I'm thinking of getting a bucket of cans.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've not confirmed this but people are saying they are getting processed in about 1 week! I find that impluasible, since I waited 10 months for mine.. but that's what I keep hearing. Anyone have any real-world experience on this.. I'm thinking of getting a bucket of cans.
    I've been in 3 different shops that have told me the same. Which is really making want to pick up a 22 and 223 can. I may have to test this out myself very soon.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've been in 3 different shops that have told me the same. Which is really making want to pick up a 22 and 223 can. I may have to test this out myself very soon.
    I've been watching the Silencer Shop website for some popular 22r cans. They are currently vaporware. The word is out and everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

@seeker_two should make some stickers that say "I was into suppressors when they took a year to get approved".

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I work in a gunshop & we have a Silencer Shop kiosk. For the last 2 months I've seen some quick times as individuals & single shot trust. Individuals have been the quickest turn around. I've had 3 filed as individuals come back in 24hrs. The quickest I've seen for single shot trust have been about 2 months.

I purchased a YHM R9 3 weeks ago as of today... a Friday. A customer purchased a YHM FATCAT about 2hrs later. The following Tuesday morning we both had our forms submitted. He called me the next day... Wednesday at 11am " hey I just got an email with my stamp". Here I am still waiting for my stamp & he got his in 24hrs.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I just bought this tonight (about two hours ago) from silencershop online

I’ll complete my transaction at my LGS‘s kiosk on Tuesday, April 23 (they need my pic and fingerprints)… everything else was done online.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get approved and arrive (I bought one that was in stock… at least per their online inventory system)

IMG_8264.jpeg

• Weight: 3.0 oz
    • Length: 3 inches
    • Build Material: Titanium; stainless steel
    • Finish: Matte black Cerakote
    • Easy to disassemble/clean

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Just took the plunge on my first suppressor! Lady said the last 2 she sold that were purchased as an individual took less than 2 days for approval. Just got home from paying for the suppressor and ATF blackmail payment, did my fingerprints at a kiosk, and I guess now I have to wait on an email so I can submit my photo and fill out more paperwork. I’ll start my clock when I get the email (should be tonight or tomorrow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    They should have used the KISOK CODE to log into the Silencer Shop app & take your passport photo.

All you should need to do is "docu" sign when you get your email in the next day or two.

Did you create a AFT EFORMS account?

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    They should have used the KISOK CODE to log into the Silencer Shop app & take your passport photo.

All you should need to do is "docu" sign when you get your email in the next day or two.

Did you create a AFT EFORMS account?

That’s what I thought, I did my fingerprints on the kiosk, but I got an email last night, and took a photo on my phone. Got another email this morning that my next step is to look for an email that says my form is ready to certify, and there will be additional instructions. Do I wait to create an eform account? Or do I go ahead and do it?

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Create your eform account now. It will create a user name for you, once you start entering your info. Before you submit, scroll to top of page & write down your used name. It will email you your user name but that can take 20minutes sometimes.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    After you create your account, log back in with your used name & the password you created. Once logged in you are going to have a give permissions.... all you need to do is check the check mark boxes & then submit.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    After you create your account, log back in with your used name & the password you created. Once logged in you are going to have a give permissions.... all you need to do is check the check mark boxes & then submit.

Thanks, got it created, and got the email within minutes. Logged in, and checked all the boxes for their rules or terms.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Some eform 4s are getting approved in less than 24 hours.

If KAC hadn't discontinued everything I want I'd be getting one and eforming it.

Top Bottom