• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Just curious as to what press all of these small companys are using that are selling reloads. Anyone know or do this? Do they use like a progresive press like one of the dillons or is there a more industrial automated press they use?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    The guys at the gun shows selling ammo in zip lock bags or company's that have actual boxes? The latter use big fancy machines (I know one company well but don't want to violate any forum rules) while I imagine guys selling ammo in ziplock bags, I would use something like a Dillon 1050.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Any pics videos or what exactly to search for the big fancy stuff? I was wondering about a guy in miniola "East Texas Ammo" i think is the name of the company but he has boxes pretty nice plastic holder in it to but just dosent seem like a company to have the big fancy machines. Another question what is there between the Dillon 1050 and what you would find at a federal manufacture?

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Are you going to sell reloads? Seems like these past few days the places i belong to are posts interested in starting that. Myself im just looking for someone to reload for me. I dont have the time anymore for much except sleep and work. And once every two weeks go shooting all day.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    While you can cetainly do it on a smaller scale with multiple dillon 1050's you would still need people to pull the handle or automate and go the forcht route. Starting price for a camdex pistol loader is $33500 and the ammoload machines are a bit more.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    The company I know uses inline presses. They sell remanufactured ammo. I've seen the presses run, very cool and FAST!

I'm not directly involved with the company so let me make sure I don't say something I shouldn't :-)

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Are you going to sell reloads? Seems like these past few days the places i belong to are posts interested in starting that. Myself im just looking for someone to reload for me. I dont have the time anymore for much except sleep and work. And once every two weeks go shooting all day.

Posibly im waiting for my 07 ffl to be completed they cashed the check just waiting for an interview now. Was thinking it wouldnt hurt to buy a dillon press and manufacture some for local sales and online sales once i get my website set up.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I'm not directly involved with the company so let me make sure I don't say something I shouldn't :-)

I don't know if you are trying to be cute, or if you are really worried about that nonsense. Pass on whatever information you have, you can put their name out on here if you want, don't be so paranoid.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Posibly im waiting for my 07 ffl to be completed they cashed the check just waiting for an interview now. Was thinking it wouldnt hurt to buy a dillon press and manufacture some for local sales and online sales once i get my website set up.

Specialize. 9/40/45 will be a pretty competitive market. You will be competing with the walmarts and freedom munitions of the world. One 1050 won't cut it. Two would be the absolute bare minimum just in case one goes down. Production rate goes to zero while you wait on dillon to ship a part.

There's no mid grade machine that I know of that's a stepping stone to a camdex / ammoload. Its either a 1050 with a forcht rotary conversion or maybe a used camdex.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The company I know uses inline presses. They sell remanufactured ammo. I've seen the presses run, very cool and FAST!

Bwwahahaha - Yeah right. Your information is TOP SECRET ! OOoooooo .... lmao

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    I don't know if you are trying to be cute, or if you are really worried about that nonsense. Pass on whatever information you have, you can put their name out on here if you want, don't be so paranoid.

Meant to put the name, it's On Target Ammo based out of MO. And it's not about being cute or paranoid, but respectful.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    If your check has been cashed, your interview is not far off......

It's the ITAR check to the State Department that hurts the most, imho...

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    If your check has been cashed, your interview is not far off......

It's the ITAR check to the State Department that hurts the most, imho...

Ya that im not looking forward too probobly wont be manufacturing right away start off just selling.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    That $2250 ITAR fee honestly pales in comparison to the investment in raw material and equipment if anyone is serious about this business. I've never understood why that would be a roadblock. General liability insurance will be that much if not more if you go through that insurance agency that the NSSF promotes.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Specialize. 9/40/45 will be a pretty competitive market. You will be competing with the walmarts and freedom munitions of the world. One 1050 won't cut it. Two would be the absolute bare minimum just in case one goes down. Production rate goes to zero while you wait on dillon to ship a part.

There's no mid grade machine that I know of that's a stepping stone to a camdex / ammoload. Its either a 1050 with a forcht rotary conversion or maybe a used camdex.
    I would personally avoid those calibers. Plinking ammo for less common rounds would have a higher profit margin.

Many people won't buy guns because of the cost of ammo. Make the ammo affordable and the guns will sell, and so will your ammo.

Top Bottom