Lynx Defense

Smith and Wesson to Sell Thompson Center

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2012
Texas
One of my distributors shared a letter sent to them from Smith and Wesson...Without copying and pasting the letter..............

They are planning to "divest" Thompson Center and focus on their core S&W Brand....

The are working on a "smooth transition" for warranty work.....

Current production of Thomson Center Arms products will cease....

All orders for Thompson Center Arms products will be cancelled..
Capitol Armory ad

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
Feb 11, 2019
Hays County
I guess I got my TCR 22 rifle just in time then...

T/CR22® - Thompson/Center (tcarms.com)
Got mine used a couple years ago. Now, if I ever sell it, I can say it's "RARE" (sarcastic) Good thing it takes 10/22 parts.
ETA: Ruger should take note. If they sold a factory set-up like the TCR22 (Magpul stock, threaded barrel, extended bolt handle, last shot hold open) they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.

Last edited:

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
Houston, TX
"Divest" is kind of open ended. They might just shut it down. If they were selling it why cancel orders? That would be valuable to the buyer. Selling a company with a backlog will bring more than no backlog. Adios TC....

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
Sep 25, 2018
Cut n Shoot, Texas
Smith & Wesson was a poor choice when T/C sold out. S&W soon canceled some great firearms and started in with low dollar models. That about killed the T/C name.
Hope someone who cares takes the reins otherwise it's a Wrap.

db_tanker

Pig Whisperer
TGT Supporter
Feb 13, 2024
Willis, TX
I hope that SSK or maybe a joint effort from EABCO and SSK can keep at least the single-shot side going. I have all Gen 1 Contender frames and would like to get a G2 just for flavor.

D

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
Sep 25, 2018
Cut n Shoot, Texas
I hope that SSK or maybe a joint effort from EABCO and SSK can keep at least the single-shot side going. I have all Gen 1 Contender frames and would like to get a G2 just for flavor.

D
SSK makes their own frames.
I believe they run about $1400 and have been sold out for quite a while.

Every Day Man
Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gearhead_Gunsmith
Top Bottom