• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hold my beer; View attachment 244314 Glock 21 with forward slide serrations and Mag-na- Port’ing done by Mag-na-Port. NP3 coating on slide and all factory internals( from Robar), chromed pins and mag eject, Lone Wolf Ghost trigger, KKM .45 barrel,professionally done stippling ( I think it was done by Robar)and a Lone Wolf 10mm conversion slide and barrel.
    There is more than a couple of bucks in this one.
    Oh, and Trijicon ghost ring tritium sights.

Hoji,

As another member said, this is yet another case of "putting lipstick on a pig."

yours, satx
    Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hoji,

As another member said, this is yet another case of "putting lipstick on a pig."

yours, satx
    Hilarious because I refer to this gun as just that(per my range thread on it from last year, lol)

• Haha
    Reactions: MTA

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    My only problem with a Glock is the GD GRIP ANGLE!!! I learnd to shoot with a 1911 and can't hit the broad side of the barn (although I do frequently hit the roof) with a Glock. My hand just doesn't work with that 4 extra degrees of grip angle. Now if Glock made a pistol with an approximate 18° grip angle, I would be all over one. And if they made it with an 18° grip angle AND in 38 Super, I would be in love.
    1911 grip angle is exactly why I don't shoot those "pos", but almost any gun without that angle works for me! I had an amt hardballer 45acp and thought the cartridge was worthless as being use to a 629 44mag. The lgs talked me into a g21 and put 12 rounds of 13 into 1.5" stake @ 45 yards.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I think this is about a budding engraver/custom gun maker getting some practice in. He's making outlandish guns as a means of publicity. This thread is evidence it's working.

He buys an inexpensive wreck and does "all that" to it. Then posts it on gunbroker and doesn't really care if anybody buys, it's free/cheap advertising.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Another "craftsman" demonstrating their wares for a gig with cartel members, Third World Dictators, and anyone else with a penchant for shiny things. There are two upsides:

1. It leaves the buyers with less money for more weapons and ammunition.

2. The "craftsmen" can look forward to messy ends at the hands of their employers, their employers enemies, or the IRS.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I have to admit the gold plating and the custom engraving were a bit much. I wouldn't have even done that to a 1911! But $2500 for that? Not me!

I can understand people modifying a Glock to shoot better, or to fit their hand better. No shortage of shops that will modify, or build a Glock suited just for you. The Glock is very popular pistol and people will spend money to modify them. Nothing wrong with that. People were doing the same thing with 1911's long before the Glock came along.

I put $2400 into a USPSA 2011, a Para P14.45 only because I couldn't spend it all at once on a STI 2011 w/o the wife catching on. It's a great gun but not worth that kind of money. When I could no longer shoot .45 thanx to really bad arthritis, I passed it down to my son-in-law and the whole family loves shooting it. Even my 10yr old, now 11, granddaughter. I hate having pussy hands!!

Yep, both 1911 and Glocks have parts availability and ease of modification as a huge attraction. I always do extended/oversize controls, sights, and triggers. But I'm bummed that I haven't been able to find a trigger that I like for my G34 that I use for IDPA. I spent $300 for a johnnyglocks.com trigger and polished striker, only to find that it still has too much takeup for my likes, and it still feels gritty thanx to the crappy plastic striker channel liner they use (I wonder if somebody can invent a stainless steel liner that would work). I've even tried polishing it (the liner) but it's still not good enough compared to the 1911 trigger. I'm spoiled by the trigger work that was done to my 2011 for competition. Nevertheless, I think the Glock trigger is good enough for any carry gun. I just won't spend any more $$$ on mine.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I put $2400 into a USPSA 2011, a Para P14.45 only because I couldn't spend it all at once on a STI 2011 w/o the wife catching on. It's a great gun but not worth that kind of money. When I could no longer shoot .45 thanx to really bad arthritis, I passed it down to my son-in-law and the whole family loves shooting it. Even my 10yr old, now 11, granddaughter. I hate having pussy hands!!

Yep, both 1911 and Glocks have parts availability and ease of modification as a huge attraction. I always do extended/oversize controls, sights, and triggers. But I'm bummed that I haven't been able to find a trigger that I like for my G34 that I use for IDPA. I spent $300 for a johnnyglocks.com trigger and polished striker, only to find that it still has too much takeup for my likes, and it still feels gritty thanx to the crappy plastic striker channel liner they use (I wonder if somebody can invent a stainless steel liner that would work). I've even tried polishing it but still not good enough compared to the 1911 trigger. I'm spoiled by the trigger work that was done to my 2011 for competition. Nevertheless, I think the Glock trigger is good enough for any carry gun. I just won't spend any more $$$ on mine.
    You should shoot a Glock with a LWD , ZEV or other high end upgrade.;)

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    You should shoot a Glock with a LWD , ZEV or other high end upgrade.;)

Oh so, johnnyglocks is shit? Hmmm I wouldn't have thought so after watching 20 or more of his vids. He seems like he knows what's what and has had a Glock Armorers Cert forever. BTW, the striker I bought from him was beautifully polished, so much more so than the 40+ hrs I was able to do on my own.

Lone Wolf, I've had. And I have a Zev connector in my ESD. Don't see how that's going to give me 1911 single action performance out of a Glock... IMO, it's mechanically impossible to do while maintaining safety margins. And IMO the plastic striker channel is shit. But then, I'm fussy about my competition pistols. But thanx anyway!!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh so, johnnyglocks is shit? Hmmm I wouldn't have thought so after watching 20 or more of his vids. He seems like he knows what's what and has had a Glock Armorers Cert forever. BTW, the striker I bought from him was beautifully polished, so much more so than the 40+ hrs I was able to do on my own.

Lone Wolf, I've had. And I have a Zev connector in my ESD. Don't see how that's going to give me 1911 single action performance out of a Glock... IMO, it's mechanically impossible to do while maintaining safety margins. And IMO the plastic striker channel is shit. But then, I'm fussy about my competition pistols. But thanx anyway!!
    You read too much into my statement. Take a Xanax

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    You read too much into my statement. Take a Xanax

Apparently I need one. Sorry, but I wrote that I spent $300 on a johnnyglocks trigger and didn't want to spend any more, then you recommend I try some others out. Just hit me wrong I guess. Must be the Covid shot. :(

Top Bottom