• easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    First my impression of the film:

Certainly I had to fight back watering of my eyes at times. It was very engrossing to me, I could tell this in that the 2h 15m time lapsed very quickly. It starts out with actual videos of children being snatched. That alone brought out my ire, and certainly a story of at least a few being rescued is what can bring out the waterworks. I found the film very well made and informative. Certainly I am aware that children are being taken every day, but when I had thought of the sex slave industry, I often thought of young women and teens, and not little children. Not that I think it's so much better or worse, but it brings out a more of a rage in me.

Next the politics surrounding this film:

It confounds me how this movie can be attributed to QAnon. I know that the labelling is to discredit, and nobody will come out and say definitively that this doesn't happen, but how can it be QAnon when the concept and the script pretty much predates QAnon? It's also said to be the right wing Christian. If a quote from the film "God's children are no longer for sale" makes this a right wing Christian movie, I have to wonder how many hundreds of movies I've seen in the past are now right wing Christian movies. I believe I know the answers to the criticisms, and this movie hits home the overwhelming depravity in the world.

Last nights short interview of Tim Ballard, whom this movie is about:

In closing:

Having been a biker for most my life, I have been involved with countless charities for children. So certainly this movie hit me pretty hard. Nothing gets my blood boiling harder than exploitation of children. That this movie could be in any way controversial is ludicrous to me. Being that U.S. citizens are the number one consumers in the sex trade of children, I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the blow back. Is it any wonder that there are many trying to change the word pedophile to 'minor attracted person' in attempts of normalizing it?

Trailer:
    Target Sports

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    My daughter-in-law was a victim of a failed attempt at kidnapping in El Salvador. She was 7 at the time and fought back, causing a scene so the bad guy shot her 7 times in the abdomen. It’s a miracle she survived and lives a healthy life. We saw the film tonight but she didn’t want to go. Of course I get it now that I’ve seen it.

I can’t imagine the depravity in the soul of a human that could harm a child. Jews, Christians, Muslims, and Atheists would all look into the eyes of a child and know that that innocent human deserves protection. It’s just in the genetic code. Only a devil could harm them.

My anger is boiling. How I’d love to make long range head shots on these vermin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I was going to ask my wife if she'd like to go see it but knew better. She absolutely can't stand to even hear of this crapola being done to kids (nobody can). She leaves the room when the subject of child abuse is spoken of on the news (usually Fox or Newsmax, others won't touch it). She's a tough cookie and doesn't have her head stuck in the sand, and hates this reality taking place. Doesn't want to be reminded of it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    One more thing. If anybody needs tickets, I can understand the cost of taking a family to the theater, you can get free tickets through the Sound of Freedom website. They have a 'Pay It Forward' program where you can get tickets for this movie to your local theater.

Everyone should see this movie. If for nothing else than to stick it to Hollywood and media that have been working hard to censor it.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    For the folks who have went to see it in the Theaters. Any first hand experiences of the Theater jacking with you no A/C ? leaving the lights on the the theater the whole time ?

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    For the folks who have went to see it in the Theaters. Any first hand experiences of the Theater jacking with you no A/C ? leaving the lights on the the theater the whole time ?

It was hot last night in Aggieland, but I think I was just riled up. AC was on but I’d have turned it down if I could have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Merge inbound?
    The two threads seem to be discussing different things. I'd like to leave them apart for now so that I can see how they evolve. Maybe it will become obvious that they are dupes and I'll merge them but as long as one is talking about the movie and one is talking about "What's up with the people against this movie?", I'd like to wait.

None of that prevents another mod from coming in and merging them without consulting me. :)

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Just got out of the theater. I have no words (as others have already posted, low scumbag body count, powerful swing of emotions, etc), I'll be decompressing for awhile. That said, it is ABSOLUTELY a must see (heck, I'm even ok with having to go to the theater. Lol), if for no other reason than to support the work that went into making it. Make sure to stay through the credits, Jim Caviezel gives an impassioned monolog about the movie.

Randyjaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2021
    Friendswood
    I just returned from seeing "Sound of Freedom". If you haven't already; you really ought to see this movie. It probably won't win any Academy Awards, but the message is one that everyone ought to hear and reflect on. Regardless of your political persuasion, here is a cause that we should all be backing. Think about it, there are more slaves in this country today (mostly children) than there ever were when slavery was LEGAL. Where is the hue and cry? Yet, we whine about 300 years ago and anguish about how we can make that right.

This movie was made 5 years ago and has met tremendous obstacles to prevent it from being aired. Maybe we should start asking why?
    If you can't afford the tickets, you can go to "Angel.com" and they will make it possible for you to get free tickets. Or you can pay it forward and make it possible for others to see it.

Better yet, go see the movie and develop your own opinion.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I just want to watch it because it pisses off the libtard pedos. They want this buried. Is there any way to stream it? I don't mind paying for it, just don't want to go to a theater to watch it.

Top Bottom