• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    A similar thing happened to me in CA around 1998/99. Then Governor Red Davis's AG decided that the "Assault Weapons" Registration amnesty (which I took advantage of) was deemed illegal, thus all the people that registered weapons under the amnesty (me), would have to turn them in. The letter also informed me that my local Sheriff was forwarded a copy of the letter and my contact information so they could "follow up" on my turn-in.

This is when I learned the tough lesson that gun registration is nothing but ameans to an end; that end being confiscation. I solved the problem by buying property in WA and leaving CA post-haste. The two "items" in questions we disassembled and remained so until 17 years later when I reached the Free State of Texas... where these "items" may now also live free.

I will NEVER; EVER "register" a gun again my life. Why I complied in the first place was out of sheer frustration and fear that if anything happened in my home and LEO's had to enter... they would be the focus of a some serious legal trouble for me. And in the end, that registration put me square in the crosshairs of the government... just like those people in S.A. are now enjoying.

Gun grabbers... some of the lowest scum on the planet, IMHO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Why don't the farmers burn everything and walk off? Completely decimate the skilled farmers in the area and give the south African government everything they want?

Then after the dead start stacking up. Return back for the desperate land grants being offered in an effort to feed the county.

The gun control angle is completely retarded. A better move would be not allowing the Chinese to mind uranium. Then again, the dark continent isn't know for doing anything unless things are whored out with money.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Why don't the farmers burn everything and walk off? Completely decimate the skilled farmers in the area and give the south African government everything they want?

Then after the dead start stacking up. Return back for the desperate land grants being offered in an effort to feed the county.

The gun control angle is completely retarded. A better move would be not allowing the Chinese to mind uranium. Then again, the dark continent isn't know for doing anything unless things are whored out with money.

The farmers don't have to burn anything. Once the land is grabbed and turned over to political/tribal cronies it will go downhill fast. Just look at what happened to Rhodesia, the natives took over, renames it Zimbabwe, grabbed the land, gave it to their cronies and now they're starving. Rhodesia under the colonial rule and white farmers was the breadbasket of Africa. They produced enough food to feed the whole continent. Now they can't even feed themselves.

The most peaceful and productive period in African history was during the colonial era. If you want to get right down to brass tacks you'll be hard pressed to find any place that has blacks in charge that's successful.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When I sell a gun I just want to see a Texas LTC. That's scant CYA since most prohibited persons don't have one. To me someone who refuses to show a LTC has something to hide.

Isn't it possible to show an LTC, but not give information?

ETA: I'll show my LTC, but I wont let anyone copy down the info.
    I understand it is possible to have a photographic memory, but it's probably pretty rare.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I do have a license to carry but it's probably not like one you have ever seen. And I have to qualify every year to maintain it. And it's not the LTC course, that's a joke.

If I want something bad enough I will buy from a LGS. The ones I buy from individuals are something that either is something I want or a good deal. No ID is required by any law for that type of transaction.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    By the way, the correct term is eidetic memory.
    I'm one of the lucky ones, but it's not like what you might see on TV. You know the type, where a 2 second casual glance offers up the ability to permanently recall something in exacting detail, forever? It doesn't exactly work like that, and the ability had actually faded a little bit with age.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom