• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsuperflash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Spring
    I am in Spring, TX and would love to find a membership range that isn't a huge drive. Somewhere you can join for a monthly fee that allows metal targets, dealing trees, etc. Just generally more variety of shooting. Is anyone aware of something along those lines in the Houston area?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Tomball Gun Club is in the right location but two current members must vouch for you, no steel, and the wait time to get a slot is years since, basically, one of the current members has to die for a slot to open up.

The Madisonville Gun and Archery Club has basically the facilities you want but it's a long drive. It's also oriented so that you shoot straight east meaning that it bugs the hell out of me to try to shoot in the mornings, looking into the sun.

I suggest you look at all the links for private/club ranges shown in this post. That post marks all the private/club ranges as such so you can easily find them.

If you can give up the requirement for a membership range (which I'm interpreting as a private gun club), there may be commercial ranges close(r) to you that have the facilities you want and give you a discount to become a member. I'm not plugged in to that scene but their websites should give you a good idea of whether they meet your needs or not.

If you have questions, post them here and folks will answer what they can.

tsuperflash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Spring
    Tomball Gun Club is in the right location but two current members must vouch for you, no steel, and the wait time to get a slot is years since, basically, one of the current members has to die for a slot to open up.

The Madisonville Gun and Archery Club has basically the facilities you want but it's a long drive. It's also oriented so that you shoot straight east meaning that it bugs the hell out of me to try to shoot in the mornings, looking into the sun.

I suggest you look at all the links for private/club ranges shown in this post. That post marks all the private/club ranges as such so you can easily find them.

If you can give up the requirement for a membership range (which I'm interpreting as a private gun club), there may be commercial ranges close(r) to you that have the facilities you want and give you a discount to become a member. I'm not plugged in to that scene but their websites should give you a good idea of whether they meet your needs or not.

If you have questions, post them here and folks will answer what they can.
    Awesome, this is very helpful. Thank you for the detailed response.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No, thank you.

You prompted me to look back at that thread and make sure I didn't see any errors. Well, Renaissance says on their web site that they aren't open to the public, only members. That makes them a private club. But they're very different from most private clubs in that they have somewhat commercial-range-style facilities. I guess that's why we hadn't listed them as a private club before now.

So I'm going to go correct that page to note Renaissance as a private range. It's probably the closest to what you're seeking.

ETA - I'm going to have to get up there to check them out. Their Youtube channel is pretty threadbare and it's difficult to find photos of just what's there. Their Facebook seems a bit more active. So take the paragraphs above with a grain of salt until you've personally verified the place meets your needs.

ETA2 - Sheesh, I forgot to say why I went off on a tangent talking about Renaissance. It's because it's probably the closest to you that might meet your needs. Depending on exactly where you are, Thunder Gun might be closer but from personal experience, I strongly suggest you read about that range and the various adventures that TGT members have had there before you go. The search function on this board is your friend.

Last edited:

oscars774

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2018
    Tinicum Township
    I am in Spring, TX and would love to find a membership range that isn't a huge drive. Somewhere you can join for a monthly fee that allows metal targets, dealing trees, etc. Just generally more variety of shooting. Is anyone aware of something along those lines in the Houston area?

Copendero Range best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Looks like nice facilities.
    Wow, looks downright posh.100-yard, fully indoor rifle range, like BTO. They'll even clean your gun for you...Vip Lounge..VIP bar. VIP gets free rentals- even full auto, free ffl transfers. link

Times are a changing....

fees.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Honestly the best range I've found that's within reason is CCC shooting complex.
    Thanks for the pointer but that's ~70 miles from Spring and ~85 miles from downtown Houston so I can't add it to the ranges map for the Houston area.

Their website is down atm. I strongly suggest people read their Facebook page before going. It's a particular kind of range and for folks who like it, it looks great.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Copendero has only been open for 5 or 6 months. I found it accidentally, as they don't seem to have advertised much. I stopped in and got the grand tour. Nice facility, especially the pistol range.

Perchowski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Houston
    Thanks for the pointer but that's ~70 miles from Spring and ~85 miles from downtown Houston so I can't add it to the ranges map for the Houston area.

Their website is down atm. I strongly suggest people read their Facebook page before going. It's a particular kind of range and for folks who like it, it looks great.
    Yeah it's a little bit of a drive but it has rapid fire, you're allowed to move and shoot, etc. I haven't been able to find a range in Houston area that allows either so if you're willing to drive a little bit outside of Houston and it's something you're looking for, it's the closest range I've found that allows that as well as full auto firearms.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom