• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    I’ve been wanting to take the plunge and buy my first 1911 pistol. I had been doing some research and asking for recommendations. Two weeks ago I visited my local gun store to look at some models I had my eye on when the clerk asked if I had considered the Prodigy? He explained the 2011 style and why I may prefer it over a 1911. As soon as I held the gun in my hand it was love at first sight and I purchased it. Now usually I’ll do some research before a big ticket purchase but I had never even heard of this beauty.
    I took it home and start doing some research. I think more than half the videos I saw were negative with most folks voicing regret with their purchase. I most common complaint seemed to be failure to eject. The few positive videos were after some modifications to improve performance. I did notice most of the negative video’s were from a year ago when the gun was first released. More current videos from 6 months to present were almost all positive with indications that Springfield had ironed out the kinks.
    I finally put a hundred round’s through the Prodigy this weekend with zero issues. That gun fired like a dream with no kinks. The only issue so far is that the slide release is almost flush to the gun and difficult to manipulate withe one hand.
    So, anyone here have any experience with the Prodigy? I know 100 rounds is a short round count but so far it’s an awesome gun. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Had to search- is a sharp pistola. Shoot the snot out of it.

DS-Progidy-Springfield-Armory-Feature-1693529176.jpg

cwmoss

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    May 10, 2014
    Caldwell
    I had an early 4.25" pistol. It was a jam-o-matic. The extractor had zero tension on the round. Sent it in and received it back in less than 10 days, fixed. Ran like a sewing machine. A friend wanted it, so it was sold. The second, and much later production one I bought, was great right out of the box.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Thank you all for your feedback. So far it’s been an excellent gun. Fun to shoot and reliable. I got worried with all the negative feedback but so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom