• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    This class is designed to take the new or untrained handgun owner and give them the essential self defense shooting skills in a short four hour session. Students will learn administrative and basic defensive gun handling skills along with the fundamentals of marksmanship and their defensive application. This course is ideal for the new gun owner or those interested in learning to shoot defensively.

Instructor-Jr Urbina
    03/05/2011-San Antonio

Link to enrollment:
    http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/march52011-introductiontodefensivepistol-sanantoniotx.aspx
    Guns International

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I have trained with Jr twice and he his very skilled. Anyone taking this class is going to learn something without a doubt. If you're in the San Antonio area and want to get squared away Jr is the person to get with.

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    Approximately 2 1/2 hours of drills. It is an introductory training, geared toward beginners, focusing on familiarization and handling of your firearm, as well as marksmanship fundamentals.

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    That would be Defensive Pistol skills or Pointshooting Gunfight Skills. If your a more intermediate or advanced shooter you might want to attend Close Range Gunfighting or Point Shooting Proggressions.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I am thinking about taking this class with my wife as our refresher for the year. I always like to go back and take at least one "basics" class at the beginning of each year. It would also allow me to drop my Saiga off with Parham customs to get converted over since he is in San Marcos!

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    I am thinking about taking this class with my wife as our refresher for the year. I always like to go back and take at least one "basics" class at the beginning of each year. It would also allow me to drop my Saiga off with Parham customs to get converted over since he is in San Marcos!

I like to revisit the basics as well. I always find something I need to work on.
    Funny you mentioned Parham's, I'm hoping to get my AK to him this week to get worked on.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    how many people approx in the class? Trying to convince my girlfriend to do the class as she has never taken one.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Jr - I had a little bit of an idea. I have never taken a class with my J-Frame revolver, and thus I have never received any instruction on how to use it or use it accurately. Would it be a big deal to use this pistol in this class for my wife and I? This is the gun we carry every day and easily the weapon we both have the least amount of training with..

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    Jr - I had a little bit of an idea. I have never taken a class with my J-Frame revolver, and thus I have never received any instruction on how to use it or use it accurately. Would it be a big deal to use this pistol in this class for my wife and I? This is the gun we carry every day and easily the weapon we both have the least amount of training with..

Lox, the course is designed around modern hi cap pistols but I can definitely accommodate you and your wife, as long as you all are flexible and running you own individual pistols. Please make sure to bring strong side OWB holsters and speed strips or speed loaders.

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    For those here on TGT who signed up for this class, there has been a time and venue change for the 5th. Please check you email.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom