• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    20230816_162724.jpg

Buddies.
    Hurley's Gold

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    View attachment 418386

Best buddy is turning six.

Just about lost my best buddy. About a week before Christmas she shredded a another toy. This time she ingested it and ended up with a blocked stomach and small intestine.

Gal ended up in surgery to remove the blockage. Recovery did not go well. 5 days after the surgery, she was not making a turn. I expected there was a very good chance she wasn't going to make it.

Fortunately, we have a good vet. She encouraged us to give another day or so. Glad she did. Buddy finally started to turn the corner.

It's been a long road for her, but she's finally getting back to her old self.

I count her still being around as one of the best Christmas gifts from this past year.

I've been around dogs my whole life, but this one is something else.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Just about lost my best buddy. About a week before Christmas she shredded a another toy. This time she ingested it and ended up with a blocked stomach and small intestine.

Gal ended up in surgery to remove the blockage. Recovery did not go well. 5 days after the surgery, she was not making a turn. I expected there was a very good chance she wasn't going to make it.

Fortunately, we have a good vet. She encouraged us to give another day or so. Glad she did. Buddy finally started to turn the corner.

It's been a long road for her, but she's finally getting back to her old self.

I count her still being around as one of the best Christmas gifts from this past year.

I've been around dogs my whole life, but this one is something else.
    Glad to hear of the good outcome. Especially with her. It's a gift, for us, that a dog of that spirit comes in to our lives that brings more than what dogs usually bring to us which is a helluva lot anyway. Some never leave us, even when they do.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom