• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    "...they encourage and promote lots of personal interaction among the members, it makes it much different than other forums.

I think it's because the members here won't stand for join to sell BS and make it very obvious with strong comments. Fine with me. I joined for the classifieds before I knew they weren't worth coming here for...which is a good thing. I instead started coming here for the subject matter.
    Lynx Defense

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Scammers constantly asking for alternate ways to contact you. Email miners.
    Bullshitters obviously pulling the chain of multiple sellers. You can tell because theyre asking for pics youve already posted or sent

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Went over there and checked it out....never looked there before....

National Postal Meter CMP M1 Carbine for $700.00......

Sure................

Some crack smoking mo fo's over there..........

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I did sell a few there making buyer send proof of ltc.
    It takes more time but protects me and leaves a trail and evidence I did due diligence
    They sent you pics of their LTC? What retards, unless they stole it from some other retard to scam you with.

Just steal my identity please.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Ok, I have an opinion question for everyone. I have been looking over the last few weeks at texas gun trader's website, and is it just me or are there a lot of scam posts or just people wasting your time on there?
    You could always make your own website to sell things and moderate it to ensure it is scam free.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TexasFire316

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Houston
    Why are we trying to burden the owner of TGtrader with silly rules and requirements? Force them to be high tech, and make them do our thinking for us.
    There, and here, it is still buyer beware.

If we don't like them, we are free to buy and sell on ebay, or google.

Oh wait, we can't because they are high tech and liberal. Our own whining and crying will force sites like TGtrader out of business. Then what? Put a sign in the yard, coach gun for sale, or revolver wanted. But the scammers will be there too, or worse.

Our whining and crying about our freedoms, and that of others, will be our own undoing. And we claim to be a prepping community.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    You can buy nice guns at a reasonable discount on TGTrader, including some that come with red-dot optics (again at a discount), but you can always get scammed, if there is a defect, user-error, or the red dot doesn't work (so bring say CR2032 batteries, if that is what it takes)...

I recently got a Glock 17 Gen5 MOS with a mounted Vortex Viper, and only about 50rd through the pipe for about $650...
    Optic is a $250(amazon)-$350(Votrex's site) red dot, and all I had to do was put a new battery in it...
    (Slide/Barrel scratching/finish shows it indeed only had about 50rd through it, since I recently got 2 carry-pieces to judge wear on, comparitively.)
    The guy even had the Red Dot box... and ths Viper has a lifetime, transferable, unconditional warranty, and even includes user-error warranty...
    no receipt needed.

A New Glock Gen5 MOS is about $650 for the gun itself at Cabellas.
    SO, I saved about $250 (or $350 on Vortex's site) on the combo, because it had 50rd through it.
    Not Tea Bag... I think it's a good deal.

I think my next purchase will be a cheap-old, beat-up Glock, as those go for way less, and the parts should be worn-in well too...

Last edited:

Yohan10mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Austin
    Had good luck on there last weekend and sold one of my pistols. Most of the time people will try to trade garbage for what you are selling even though it is specified no trades or specific guns. Someone on there tried to troll me because I have an ad looking for carcano ammo and they demanded I give them my Carcano rifle.

Top Bottom