• ...and so much more!
  • gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    OK, so now it's OK to go buy food from restaurants to pick up or take out....but you should take your own food, utinsils, plates and cups to your mother's house for Thanksgiving.

So says the CDC and some governors are warning the same thing. So food prepared and served in restaurants by people you don't know is safer that food prepared by your mother ?

The CDC continues to prove that it's run by morons to publish this kind of garbage.

Gohttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/daily-life-coping/everyone_can_make_thanksgiving_safer.html.pdf
    Target Sports

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I don't live my life according the CDC. They can "recommend" whatever they want to.

Personally, I'm going to enjoy my Thanksgiving with my family.
    That's fine.

I was only pointing out the dichotomy between those two things by the CDC.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The Great Goddess in Salem, otherwise known as Oregon Governor Kate Brown, follows Calif and especially Washington State religiously. And those both take CDC recommendations and twist them and exceed them. We are now to wear masks whenever we are outside, not just when going to the store, etc. WILL NOT COMPLY!!

We are also on a new two week throwback to Phase 1, and will not be allowed to have more than 6 people at thanksgiving dinner. WILL NOT COMPLY!!

Local PD posted a notice requesting that residents not call 911 to report violations. They listed real crime as their call priority. LMAO!!!

Tex1961

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2020
    Plano, Texas
    Loading up the Motorhome and heading out to a State Park for Thanksgiving. We have a oilless turkey fryer and will be setting it up on Thanksgiving day.... State parks are FULL for Thanksgiving as a lot of people are just opting to get away and relax with their own families this year... We usually have an open house for anyone from our church who don't have anywhere to go, but not this year sorry to say...

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The Great Goddess in Salem, otherwise known as Oregon Governor Kate Brown, follows Calif and especially Washington State religiously. And those both take CDC recommendations and twist them and exceed them. We are now to wear masks whenever we are outside, not just when going to the store, etc. WILL NOT COMPLY!!

We are also on a new two week throwback to Phase 1, and will not be allowed to have more than 6 people at thanksgiving dinner. WILL NOT COMPLY!!

Local PD posted a notice requesting that residents not call 911 to report violations. They listed real crime as their call priority. LMAO!!!
    She’s such a pos.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    She’s such a pos.

Yep, too bad the recall petitions all failed.

BTW, Gavin Newsome of Calif get slapped by a Superior Court Judge for his over-reach proclaimations, and in the same week photos of him partying unmasked in a shoulder to shoulder setting in Napa Wine Country were released. Rules for thee and not for me!!! Speaking of POS. And Inslee of Warshington wants a position in the Biden admin, Kameltoe with probably give him a position on his knees.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    4de8f5a048066046fc3d550b60be2e5e.jpg
    cf1a9852375e04ec64d8651b1966efb7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    My son is supposed to be coming to my place. That will be nice. We will have only one turkey (or roast duck or both) and two sweet potatoes and whatever other vegetables I make and maybe one apple pie freshly baked if I really get motivated the night before. I will make them all.

Bring yoiur own food, they say! Are the out of their minds?If they think bringing food from several different kitchens (filthiest place in the house unless you're a slob in the bathroom), prepared by different people (even if you just eat your own food) would be more sanitary and less likely to spread germs than than a single meal being prepared by one person - they certainly are nuts. We truly are becoming a nation at east half full of folks like the people that movie Idiocracy (spelling?) - maybe even dumber when it comes to bureaucrats.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I have always cooked Thanksgiving dinner for our family and after my 2 girls married then they would come over with the grand kids and eat at my house. This year we are not doing that because of the Chinese virus and we are too old and have some health problems and are not going to risk the gathering.

So, I am going to still cook the Turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and I will build packages for each of their families and drive them over to their houses for them to eat. We are actually doing Thanksgiving this year on Friday because one of my sons-in-law is a first responder and will be on duty at either the fire station or the hospital (he is a firefighter/paramedic and a trauma center emergency room nurse) on Thursday, so we move Thanksgiving around to suit his schedule. So, I will still do all the cooking and the wife and I will deliver to each of their homes on Friday, then we will all get set to eat and zoom with everyone. Won't be the same, but will still give thanks for what we do have.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas

Read somewhere where the eastern OR counties were stating a secession campaign to form what they called Greater Idaho or something similar. Hope it progresses and surprised it's taken this long.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Read somewhere where the eastern OR counties were stating a secession campaign to form what they called Greater Idaho or something similar. Hope it progresses and surprised it's taken this long.

Yuppers! I joined the Facebuk group on that subject. Various people have talked about this for decades, and it's not likely to ever happen... But Governor Kate Brown has really taken a swing at the hornets nest... people are fed up. My county, and one other, voted to look at this option a few times a year. We are tired of being ruled by the Commies in the Willamette Valley!!!

https://www.facebook.com/GreaterIdaho

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom