• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wmk6341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    New Braunfels
    This may be a stupid question but is there a need for 223 brass? There is usually tons of bright 223 brass at the range where I go to shoot a few times a month. If there is a need, I will try to gather a bunch next time I go and make it available on the forum for the cost of postage.

PS I shoot pistols and a 30-06 so have little experience with 223 rifles since my M16 training in the Army 40 years ago.

Limiting magazine capacities is about as effective as limiting the size of beer bottles.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    This may be a stupid question but is there a need for 223 brass? There is usually tons of bright 223 brass at the range where I go to shoot a few times a month. If there is a need, I will try to gather a bunch next time I go and make it available on the forum for the cost of postage.

PS I shoot pistols and a 30-06 so have little experience with 223 rifles since my M16 training in the Army 40 years ago.

Limiting magazine capacities is about as effective as limiting the size of beer bottles.

Yes, i claim it, message me, collect tons. :D

wmk6341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    New Braunfels
    OK, will collect as much as reasonable next time (or few times) I go and let the forum know when it is available. If there is a lot of interest, will package it in the small or medium USPS mailers for shipping. Will ask for postage via prior to shipment (PayPal or whatever). Hope that sounds fair.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Brass means supply for reload and that is always in style. It might not be evident during good ammo supply times, but when we hit panic situations like the one we are coming through, it is priceless. I don't mean just profit wise, but for the shooters they can still keep shooting instead of having to ration down or be without.

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    I can always use brass. I just got into loading 223 for the ar and my brass stores isn't all that big yet. The other day was the first time since December that I have seen that much brass left out on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    I think I'm getting ready to build a 300 blackout too they look fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I can always use brass. I just got into loading 223 for the ar and my brass stores isn't all that big yet. The other day was the first time since December that I have seen that much brass left out on the ground.

I know what you mean. I was surprised on the last range trip that 45acp was all over the place, even scooped up a fair amount of .380. Well, if no one is claiming it, I will!

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I highly advise you check with the range owner prior to policing up all of the brass laying around. Most ranges I go to will allow you to pick up your own brass, but not just pick up all you want. Most ranges sell the brass for scrap or recycle it.

Top Bottom