• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Only accessory a Glock owner needs is a few pairs of James Reeves Ultra-Tight Louisiana Metrosexual Shorts......available at 5.11.....

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    Has anyone noticed that in these various videos (not just TFB), these people always do a port check on their rifles and pistols before they holster or drop them? It's weird theatrics, like doing SA antics on a static range and other tricks. And he has a popped collar...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It always annoys me when advice like this offers no nuance or differentiation between different types of users. It's purely marketing to the lowest common denominator. Yes, for the average person that is unwilling to put the effort in, probably best to leave your Glock stock and shoot it as-is. Same idea behind modifying cars. You can modify a stock car to be as reliable or more so than stock, if you're smart about it.

For the experienced user that is willing to put the effort into modification in a smart manner, modifications can be worthwhile. You can modify a Glock and make it perform as reliably or better than stock, again, provided you're smart about what modifications you make.

For example, one of the more common mods, aftermarket Glock trigger connectors. Just about anyone can learn to install one because it's mechanically simple to do. That said, most don't even realize the connector needs to be properly tensioned, and if it's not it can create a lot of problems.

Every one of my Glocks is modified, and all of them perform better than stock with as good of or better reliability. In the past, when I've made mistakes and been less educated about the mods I was making, yes, I've negatively affected the reliability of some of my Glocks. After learning from a few of those mistakes, which were easy issues to figure out, it's been a non-issue ever since.

Top Bottom