Lynx Defense

The Things You've Had And Wished You Still Had Them!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep. Would love to have my grandfather,as well as my Dalmatians Son and Sallie (pronounced “solly”) back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Material possessions - the $2000 of fly rods and tackle that was stolen from me a few years ago. Some of that was stuff that was irreplaceable.

I'd not mind having my little 12' aluminum boat back that I used to own, that thing was a one or two man fishing machine on small or medium sized water.

There's some friends & family I wish were still around.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

As I was raised on a lake in NETX & thinking back on things that I still miss, I cannot forget or forgive the SNEAK THIEF. who stole my 1st boat/OB & trailer from Mother's yard (while I was OCONUS in 1970) on SUNDAY AM, while she was at church.
    (1957, 16 foot, LONE STAR COMMANDER with 35 HP Evinrude & the homemade trailer that my Dad & Uncle built for me.)
    My Dad gave it to me for my 13th birthday in NOV 1959,

Our "across the street neighbor", Miss Alice Fay, watched a man in a tan car back into the yard, hook up the rig & drive away with it. - She thought that the rig was being borrowed, as the thief was SO BOLD as to do this stealing on Sunday morning.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A great many loved ones. Some I never got the opportunity to spend enough time with.

I did think of some material things that I had some years ago, then as much as I would like to have them back, and how much I miss having them, I also had to think, that when such wishes are granted, that there is a small price to pay for that wish. My thoughts were, of the things that might come back with those things I missed, but the things I don't miss and wish to never see again.

As much as I miss them, I'll just let them stay there in my memories where they belong, and enjoy them without the burden of the things I wish to never see again.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Dang, that must be rough Brains.

Coiled; All,

We suspect that each of us has lost numerous members of our families to various causes. = We Woodland NA folks always believed that IF a person who has "walked on" has their name remembered, that in some measure that that person lives again.

May all of the departed family members & friends of our membership REST IN ETERNAL PEACE.

Sincerely Yours, Darla, Nathan Paul & satx.

Last edited:

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I have been in the car business for 20+ years, Mercedes exclusively less working on used cars. I have owned well into 20 cars since I started driving. With that being said, when I first started the dealership life I got to drive an AMG C43 1998 model. It was the small sedan with a 4.3 V8. Back in the late 90's 300hp 305tq was pretty decent. I made it a goal to own one some day.

Long story short, I was able to get one in 2012. A 1999, silver with black interior. 90k miles. I had it for just about a year until kid 2 came along. With 2 littles in car sets and a growing family I had to send it down the road. I traded it in on a 2005 tahoe with a 4.8.

I would love to have it back. When I traded it in my passion for cars went with it. I tried a couple projects over the years and have one that has sat blown up for the last 2.

Having my pops back would be better though. He died when I was 17. My wife or kids will never get to meet him. I hardly knew him at that. My mom was (is) a crazy bitter divorced liberal. Time showed that she kept my sister and I from him to get back at him.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Didn't mean to ruin the fun. Please carry on.
    If the thought crossed either of your minds, my previous post was in no way a dig at you or Brains. It was late Friday, I was 1/2 lit and all like . . .

__895c53f41e8f986b1c0117c98326bae0_width-300-jpeg-jpg.233946

But just the honest part to y'all :what:

Ok, I'll try to keep it light now.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    If the thought crossed either of your minds, my previous post was in no way a dig at you or Brains. It was late Friday, I was 1/2 lit and all like . . .
    I saw no digs, no worries.

Despite having both parents pass before my 12th birthday, they still taught me more than enough to make it through life. Can't change yesterday and tomorrow is not guaranteed. Make the best of every today God grants you.

To get back to more of the intent of the thread I'm guessing, for the longest time I wanted my first "real" performance car back. It was a '91 Mustang GT I bought off a guy who tried to sucker me into his Amway scam... I mean business. Guess it wasn't going that well :)

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Margaret. She was my last HS GF, incredibly pretty and . . . voluptuous! :p

Her big bro had a late 60s Buick GS. Damn thing purred like a kitten, then he took me for a ride. Made a right onto US59 feeder from W. Bellfort and he gradually added throttle, just raw power! I still remember the seat seeming to envelop me, it was very cool.

I still remember things about Margaret too, just ain't gonna share 'em. :green:

Top Bottom