• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Reading some of y’all’s posts defending and making excuses for the NRA, one could come to the belief that you are getting 100% of your information from the NRA and, like blind religious zealots, are believing it as if it were from the mouth of God.

At this point there is absolutely no reason to point out again( ad nauseam) the hundreds of examples where the NRA is actively screwing its members( and gun owners as a whole) in order to purchase $5000 suits and spend $97,000 a day on lawyer fees.

You will never see it no matter how much it is pointed out, or how slowly one explains it to you with small words.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Reading some of y’all’s posts defending and making excuses for the NRA, one could come to the belief that you are getting 100% of your information from the NRA and, like blind religious zealots, are believing it as if it were from the mouth of God.

At this point there is absolutely no reason to point out again( ad nauseam) the hundreds of examples where the NRA is actively screwing its members( and gun owners as a whole) in order to purchase $5000 suits and spend $97,000 a day on lawyer fees.

You will never see it no matter how much it is pointed out, or how slowly one explains it to you with small words.

Youre close.

Change one letter, thats the closest you'll come to a manifestation of an omnipotent entity in this world, as long as you're alive and breathing :)

No excuses, not defending. Search my previous posts, you'll see the same concerns and opinion you've expressed. But an awareness of other, unrelated factors that have potentially serious implications and consequences has changed my opinion and perspective of the NRA's value.

Fiscal irresponsibility, mismanagement, poor choices, etc. Are rampant where money is concerned; both in public and the private sector of this nation. The NRA is no different, except for one significant fact; they're supported by dues paying members. Appeasing their constituents is vital for their continued existence. Properly leveraged by members, that influence is the catalyst for change. Without support, the NRA will lose influence and eventually cease to exist. Without the the NRA, who will fill that void?

This is unrelated but relevant...

Can public opinion be easily manipulated by news media, social media or online content or communities? If it occurs, is it used sparingly, for matters of significance? Or is it common, used by every media outlet for various mundane reasons of every conceivable nature, a harmless marketing ploy to sell and promote a brand or products?

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Are you saying that it is not true? If so please show us your sources.
    I'm saying it appears the enemies of the NRA are now every gun grabbing democrat in the country AND YOU.
    I don't need to proving any thing to you or them to know what I think about the people who are not members and don't like the NRA.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    One thing my old man taught me was you don't have to "like" or "agree" with someone/something if it's beneficial and serves a purpose that aligns with your needs, beliefs or ideals.

Think about the ramifications of the NRA losing members and influence.
    The members the NRA is losing over this are no loss. They are the weakest, self centered, do nothings in the organization. In likelihood 90% of loudest show boaters making declarations NEVER WERE members at best and are lefty trolls at worst.

The sooner they are purged the better. Good riddance.

Threads like this are an excellent opportunity to prune the know nothings from the thousands of posts in most gun boards through the liberal use of the ignore feature.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    The OP cited an opinion piece. Since then we've had almost 3 pages of additional opinions posted. This highlights 2 things. First, there are a lot of opinions about the NRA; second, the Internet makes it very easy for people to share their opinions.

As to whether *I* should or should not support the NRA, it remains true that the only opinion that matters is mine.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Since most people seem to be unwilling to drill down to the source material and prefer to sling their opinions about, I guess I should do it for you.

qJb101d.jpg

Attachments

• qJb101d.jpg
      qJb101d.jpg
      283.2 KB · Views: 444

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    The members the NRA is losing over this are no loss. They are the weakest, self centered, do nothings in the organization. In likelihood 90% of loudest show boaters making declarations NEVER WERE members at best and are lefty trolls at worst.

Threads like this are an excellent opportunity to prune the know nothings from the thousands of posts in most gun boards through the liberal use of the ignore feature.
    Posts like this make me want to call the NRA and cancel my Lifetime membership.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    A note about copyright law and my previous three posts. This entire thread is referencing opinions drawn from this source material and all such commentary and quotes constitute fair use. My post of the full texts may, arguably, exceed that threshold. I will call the attention of the other mods to this thread and if they believe I have acted incorrectly, the posts will be deleted.

However, the current state of copyright law is such that public pronouncements by tax-deductible charitable/educational organizations are not subject to the same degree of protection as current publications from organizations whose profits may be hurt by quoting, especially when the quoted text is over 50 years old.

I think I'm OK to post this. If the other mods disagree, several of my posts will disappear and I'm fine with that.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas

I have seen nothing pointed out in this post but mostly innuendo. Is some of it true...yes. Is all of it true I don't know and you have presented nothing but your opinion about hundreds of things? Do I agree we need a change in the NRA Leadership...yes I do. Instead of joining the chunking rocks from outside bandwagon movement, I intend to remain a member and work on fixing things instead of moaning about some things that happened 51 to 80 years ago.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I have seen nothing pointed out in this post but mostly innuendo. Is some of it true...yes. Is all of it true I don't know and you have presented nothing but your opinion about hundreds of things? Do I agree we need a change in the NRA Leadership...yes I do. Instead of joining the chunking rocks from outside bandwagon movement, I intend to remain a member and work on fixing things instead of moaning about some things that happened 51 to 80 years ago.

How do you intend to fix things? I know you must have a plan other than the voting thing that doesn't seem to work.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya

The loss of members, be they "do nothings" or otherwise, is a win for gun control advocates and will be spun by the media and gun control advocates as a loss of 2A support amongst voters. If elected officials think they can repeal the 2A with minimal risk from voters, that may embolden them to act.

What complicates matters is the campaign of disinformation and biased reporting in mainstream media and by our nations elected officials. Lies, deception, fake news, censoring of conservative points of view, the implications are profound. When a member of the House of Representatives makes public statements that misrepresent facts or are false and do it with impunity, it raises a question of accountability. The grim reality is no accountability and the citizens of this country are powerless to stop it. Their actions are detrimental to national interests and defy the will of the people and our president. Yet they still continue to act irresponsibly for their own selfish interests.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/m...r-wanted-legal-machine-guns-bump-fire-stocks/

From her published statement;
    The “bump-stock” device, used by the killer in the Las Vegas shooting, converts a semi-auto rifle to a full-auto rifle. Anyone who has ever used a bump-stock or watched a video demonstrating its use, can only conclude that it is a converter”

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news...wnright-weird-and-just-not-neighborly-7143106

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    That's one...where are the rest of the hundreds of things you told me about? The bump-stock was the biggest waste of money and ammunition ever. What did it exactly do that had people so excited about it? I guess it gave the wannabes a thrill. It would be totally useless in any kind of fight. I can still go down to the gun shop and buy a AR 15 and other firearms. There continue to be cracks in the wall of the current NRA leadership. https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/03/major-nra-donor-chief-radioactive-step-down/
    "A major donor to the National Rifle Association (NRA) wants chief executive officer Wayne LaPierre gone before he’ll give again" so you can make the change from inside or throw rocks from the outside.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That's one...where are the rest of the hundreds of things you told me about? The bump-stock was the biggest waste of money and ammunition ever. What did it exactly do that had people so excited about it? I guess it gave the wannabes a thrill. It would be totally useless in any kind of fight. I can still go down to the gun shop and buy a AR 15 and other firearms. There continue to be cracks in the wall of the current NRA leadership. https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/03/major-nra-donor-chief-radioactive-step-down/
    "A major donor to the National Rifle Association (NRA) wants chief executive officer Wayne LaPierre gone before he’ll give again" so you can make the change from inside or throw rocks from the outside.
    God said it, I believe it , and that settles it. Sigh.
    79780F3A-9A52-40E5-AD62-220FC620FEA4.jpeg
    Not one more cent until they flush the turds.

ETA- so, you are for the Second Amendment, but....... gotcha. I hope everyone else catches that as well.

Attachments

• 79780F3A-9A52-40E5-AD62-220FC620FEA4.jpeg
      79780F3A-9A52-40E5-AD62-220FC620FEA4.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 606
    Last edited:

festering

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    I am a Endowment member. I have not given up on them completely; however I have not donated to them in quite along time. Every time I receive a donation request from the ILA, about once a week, I return their envelope with a note telling them what I want them to do before I will donate again.

Below is from the comment section on the story. Not my comment.

In response to the article, I read it just as I might read the history of the USA. There are aspects of US history that are objectively evil. And I would be righteously pissed if some of those aspects were even suggested today. But that doesn’t make me want to revoke my citizenship, it makes me want to ensure that the attitudes and actions that allowed those negative aspects can never take root again. That can only happen by laboring to ensure that the USA is better than it ever was. The same is true for the NRA: fight for the direction you want it to take, or others will decide it for you.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I became sure the NRA was off track when they admitted loyal and long term support for dirty Harry Reid the Senator that sold out Nevada to the Chinese. That unAmerican scum is beloved by Peppy LaPue. This was long before this article that is not an opinion piece, but a statement of the NRA in their own words. I don't hate the NRA but I'm not paying them to live high on the hog and sell me out. They clean their stall out, I may reconsider.

It's like the American Legion. I know I read in their magazine that they were supporting Obummer Care. Because Barry promised not to change the VA. I resigned my support. In this case they seemed to be selling out everybody else because of a democrat promise. Didn't keep the issue, just went on with life. If mentioned today I get flamed and proof is demanded. well I can't find the issue online. But the same mouths never offer anything showing the AL ever condemned obummercare either. I know what I read and when I told them in writing they they ignored me. No more of my money

Last edited:
    Top Bottom