• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeTx

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    I've thought about it and have extended family that wants this due them being lesbians, and I still feel very ambivalent concerning this. On one hand you can say it doesn't hurt anyone, and then on the other hand it seems to diminish true family values especially since some of them will eventually want children and those children will be raised without a mother and a father. I have family members that are married (male - female) where the woman recently completed pregnancy (invitro I think) giving birth to twin girls and then turning them over to a "couple" of men from outside the USA. I don't mean to oversimplify this but right now this is what I got. One thing about my family members; anything you say, and I mean anything that doesn't support their agenda and you are labelled a homophobe.

So I am leaning against it. I think children should have the benefit of a mother and a father.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    There's a hell of a lot more to a "good family" than having a mom and dad in the picture, as I'm sure plenty of people here could attest to.

To sum up my feelings on the issue - I'd rather have a kid raised by a gay/lesbian couple that loves him/her than by a straight couple that neglects the kid.

Edit: As for "gay marriage" - if they wanna subject themselves to the same crap as straight couples, I say let 'em. Ain't hurting me or mine, so it's not my place to judge. V Also what FunnyFarm said below. The government needs to **** off here.

Last edited:

FunnyFarm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Having government decide what is and is not marriage is a mistake both sides are making. Government should not be involved in marriage.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The older I get the more I realize what is important for children is that someone gives a damn about them.

I've met some pretty low down "mothers" and "fathers" in my time.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    So I am leaning against it. I think children should have the benefit of a mother and a father.

I really don't care who sleeps with who....my faith says otherwise, but it's not something I care to argue about......I certainly don't want anyone telling me who I can sleep with.

I DO, however, agree with the above statement, and think that children need a female mother and a male father that both love and care for said child.

I know a young lady that was raised by....well.....2 moms. She dated a friend of mine, and she carried the hatred of men that her 'mothers' instilled into her.

Years later, she seems to be levelling out, but it wasn't until she was out of the home and in college that she realized that she had a worldview problem. It probably wouldn't have been an issue if she had been a lesbian and wanted a man-hater lover for herself. c

Acording to the latest science, homosexuality may very well be something that is decided before birth, and if that is the case (witholding that the Good Lord says to love your neighbor as yourself), then you really can't logically get down on someone for that....it'd be like hating someone because they had any other genetic difference. Do you guys hate me because I am predisposed to heart issues? Heck, I can give you lots of better reasons to not like me. :)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I didn't read it that way. I was being sarcastic :green: Depending on how deep one want to get into the subject, it takes a man and a woman to produce a child. That child will have DNA and other traits (for lack of a better word) from a male and a female even though the child or mother may never know who the male was. I'm one of those that think a child should be raised with a good male father figure and a good female mother figure.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Ideally, yeah, the kid would have a loving mother and father. But as someone who grew up without the latter (dad was and to some degree still is a controlling, abusive nutjob), my first post still stands. So long as both parents, regardless of gender, love the kid, I see no issue. Yeah, there are the nutjobs out there like subseashooter's friend's parents, but they're (thankfully) the minority - and evidently, that kind of upbringing can be corrected with time.

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    Marriage is a religious sacrament, a covenant between God and the couple. Civil unions are granted by governments, a legal agreement between the couple and the governing body. That being said I have to go with The Church on it, it isn't something acceptable.

Govern wisely and as little as possible~Sam Houston

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    ^ On that note, I've been wondering. To anyone who opposes gay marriage on religious grounds (e.g ray22 and the Catholic Church) - if the head of your religion (if there is one) decides to change the religion's stance, would you change your mind as well, or stick with the "old" ideology?

xcrazydx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    ^ On that note, I've been wondering. To anyone who opposes gay marriage on religious grounds (e.g ray22 and the Catholic Church) - if the head of your religion (if there is one) decides to change the religion's stance, would you change your mind as well, or stick with the "old" ideology?
    You would go with the Bible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom