• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    His name wasn't Clinton if he thinks he is going to get away with this well guess again. Nice try though.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under...ubmarine-photos-case-by-citing-clinton-226995

I think this little tidbit is more damaging than even the leak of some photos of a classified propulsion system...

"We worked them too hard, we didn't give them as much time off as we should have, we didn't treat them with the dignity and respect that they deserved, and we never let off. Ever," wrote retired Chief Machinists Mate Scott Nelson, who worked with Saucier on the Alexandria. "The men were showing signs of cracking left and right...The human pieces of the machine were being pushed past their limits."

HandgunHTR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    I think this little tidbit is more damaging than even the leak of some photos of a classified propulsion system...

As a former Navy Nuke and someone who actually knows the source of that quote, I would say that what Scott said is the norm for submarine Nukes and has been for a while.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So I guess if you break the confidentiality law and plead ignorance it's ok. So much for the saying "ignorance it's no excuse for the law". Either that or your name is Clinton, such a fine example for president.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    As a former Navy Nuke and someone who actually knows the source of that quote, I would say that what Scott said is the norm for submarine Nukes and has been for a while.

It's not that I'm saying people on nuke subs aren't overworked, just that it's a bad idea to proclaim this in international news. I'm sure we can find things 10 times worse that our leaders admit about our military preparedness though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So I guess if you break the confidentiality law and plead ignorance it's ok.
    Only if you're high enough up. Of all the people I've seen cuffed and frog-marched out of my employer over the years, the overwhelming majority were for breaking confidentiality laws.

Come to think of it, though, not everyone is charged. One worker made sensitive and unlawful disclosures to Sheila Jackson Lee. When the employee was subsequently investigated, Lee went public playing the race card. The employee was allowed to skate. That was an awful hit to morale around the office.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've always wondered about people who bend the laws like this. I put this guy in the same category with teachers who screw their students or Corrections Officers who screw Offenders. You just know that it's not going to end well!

As to his defense, laws apply differently to the Elite than they do to people like us.

Flash

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013

Anyone who has been in the military knows this firsthand. People and equipment get overworked. It's certainly not a valid excuse nor justification for doing what this kid did.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The term "overworked" doesn't exist in the military. You're just "highly motivated to get the job done".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom