• Status
    Not open for further replies.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Hey, thanks for the melting point reference. I googled it.
    Crazy shit, right? I had a dealer magazine show up one day and it said under a gun description "now melting point compliant" and I'm like WTF are they advertising their guns melt now? So I did the same thing and Googled it. Politicians are wack, yo.
    Texas SOT

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    So the one who fires personal attacks and name calling points finger at another claiming they are immature and then attempts to drop proverbial mic? Hmm.

Where'd I say my rights were deprived? I said rights have no dress code.

Reality is that there is absolutely no factual proof that these groups hurt OC. Maybe they did, maybe the didn't. Maybe they actually brought more people into the debate and actually helped pass it. How can you prove either side? Reality is we have OC and didn't before. So outside of conjecture, what viable evidence do you have these groups hurt anything?

You are. You have shown historically in your posts you don't like these OC groups and continue to demean them. Calling you out on it isn't trolling.

Once made? Ever hear of "melting point" laws? These arguments are still spewed today, sadly.

Making stuff up? Nope no name calling from me, yet, but keep going you are making yourself look like such a winner.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Making stuff up? Nope no name calling from me, yet, but keep going you are making yourself look like such a winner.
    You do realize this isn't snapchat, right? You know your posts don't just disappear into digital black holes, so anyone can go back just a few posts back and call you on being full of shit, right?

Just saying.

Oh, and by the way, I thought you were done?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    lol you can always clean the dirt from your fingernails but guys that have never gotten dirty do not know this. Seem like a lot of your posts say if people do not conform to what you think is hygienic then they are a slob. Who makes that final rule ? oh wait that is right you do I forgot but I am just some slob. Just because I get dirty at work does not mean I smell or have bad hygiene it just means I do a job that you think you are to good to do. But you know what if guys did not do the dirty work your clean hands and nice clothing night not be so nice or clean. Get off your high horse.

As far as a negative image I could care less if I have to impress some snob. Other than you and other high born, who makes the rules on what is politically correct when it comes to hygiene ? Do I have to use some colonel or is deodorant enough ? Shoot I got some mustard on my tie do i need to incinerate it ? Please do let me know what I need to do to fit into what you deem correct.

I said that where? If you are just making stuff up why ask me. I don't know what the voices in your head are saying. What I and others here are saying is that actions have consequences. That doesn't mean you need to be Gq, and congratulations on your commitment to bad hygiene (really it's insulting to have clean nails?), but if your appearance draws a negative response it will be worse response if you also Oc. Not just in how people respond to you but also in how some view OC. Plenty have made it clear that passing in the wind in some sort of adolescent rebellion is much more important than any damage they might do to OC. Me I care less and less about OC.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You do realize this isn't snapchat, right? You know your posts don't just disappear into digital black holes, so anyone can go back just a few posts back and call you on being full of shit, right?

Just saying.

Oh, and by the way, I thought you were done?

LOL

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    lol you can always clean the dirt from your fingernails but guys that have never gotten dirty do not know this. Seem like a lot of your posts say if people do not conform to what you think is hygienic then they are a slob. Who makes that final rule ? oh wait that is right you do I forgot but I am just some slob. Just because I get dirty at work does not mean I smell or have bad hygiene it just means I do a job that you think you are to good to do. But you know what if guys did not do the dirty work your clean hands and nice clothing night not be so nice or clean. Get off your high horse.

As far as a negative image I could care less if I have to impress some snob. Other than you and other high born, who makes the rules on what is politically correct when it comes to hygiene ? Do I have to use some colonel or is deodorant enough ? Shoot I got some mustard on my tie do i need to incinerate it ? Please do let me know what I need to do to fit into what you deem correct.

You keep making these, at least to me, bizarre assumptions. First the only time hygiene came up is once in response to your comment about preferring to hang out with people with dirty fingernails. Like you dislike hygiene or some such thing. Why should I care if you get dirty at work and why is that even a question? High Horse? Dud who are you arguing with? It's not me because I haven't said squat about the stuff you're ranting about. Get your dosage adjusted please.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    You win you did not say anything about how people dress or how hygiene counts to if you should OC.

You keep making these, at least to me, bizarre assumptions. First the only time hygiene came up is once in response to your comment about preferring to hang out with people with dirty fingernails. Like you dislike hygiene or some such thing. Why should I care if you get dirty at work and why is that even a question? High Horse? Dud who are you arguing with? It's not me because I haven't said squat about the stuff you're ranting about. Get your dosage adjusted please.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You win you did not say anything about how people dress or how hygiene counts to if you should OC.

I said congrats on your commitment to bad hygiene when you said you didn't want to hang out with people with clean fingernails. I made zero connection to OC that was all in your head. I also didn't say anything about "counts" or whatever you mean with that. It's a fact of life that people judge by what you look like. You have proven that with your remarks about how you wouldn't hang out with people who looked a certain way. How is that any different that what I have said? It isn't you just want to rail against whatever.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Im dirty i drive a oil truck i get dirty every day. I live in my truck 6 days a week there are days that I may go a day without a shower.
    I have a bucket in my truck to take a ho bath. I don't stink my boots are dirty my nails are dirty. Sometimes i look stone cold crazy.
    And no matter what I look like i am still a law abiding citizen ...
    At home i have slacks Johnston Murphy shoes, countess Mara ties etc..
    Boots thar ran 600.00 plus. So what..
    These people don't pay my bills nor snore in my face... so as far as these people telling me how i should dress. Keep it movin.
    Unless they want to buy my wardrobe.. if i.am oc'ing as long as im polite and don't
    pAct a fool. You have nothing to say to me...

adaboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Lubbock
    I agree with him. I'm blazing a trail in East Texas as one of only 2 black men I know who open carries. I'm a pioneer. I'm the Rosa Parks of gun rights. I'm showing these people that a black man with a gun is nothing to fear. Part of that is looking good while I OC.

I'm in West Texas. I dress to impress and it just makes you feel good! I'm with you man.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Well there's five minutes of my life I won't get back...

Get comfortable with the fact that Liberals will whine and bitch, invent fears, try to control everyone and tell lies regardless, it's what they do. Nobody represents me except me and to be blunt, I don't give two shits what you or anyone thinks about how I dress. You people are delusional if you think any of that makes any difference at all in the minds of people that want to restrict your rights. I live how I choose and I think some of you would be well served to gain a little better understanding of what freedom actually is. Want to be a so-called "Ambassador" for OC? More power to you, have a ball but like choosing to engage in sexual congress with your same gender, I'd be tickled if you kept it to yourself, you self-proclaimed "Ambassadors" don't represent me either.

Well said

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Fernando, the person pictured appears to have been carrying concealed, and upon entering an unposted business pulled up his shirt. Not really someone who is OCing. Just (imo) someone wanting to draw attention to himself.

This is what I feel about the majority of people that OC.

Obviously, nobody would admit to it, and I will probably be flamed for even suggesting it
    it is a possibility.

Just my opinion, I have nothing against it.

DirtyMarcus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2016
    Austin
    This is what I feel about the majority of people that OC.

Obviously, nobody would admit to it, and I will probably be flamed for even suggesting it
    it is a possibility.

Just my opinion, I have nothing against it.

I tend to agree. In my LTC class we had one "kid" say he planned to open carry but could give no real reason why (not that you need one). Then throughout the class you could tell he was one of those "look at me I got a gun on my hip" types.

If your doing it for attention you shouldn't be doing it at all. Makes the entire gun community look douchey. And yes, I'm all for OC if that's what you want to do. Hell I may do it from time to time if the situation makes it easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom