• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    So picked this off reddit:

News embargo set to expire on Aug 1st which is the way it seems companies now are handling new releases like what we saw with the SA Echelon. So get ready to see feeds get flooded with reviews in a couple of days.

Only took Trijicon a couple of years to catch up to the market.
    Hurley's Gold

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I figured this was going to happen with all the rmr deals going on.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I will probably get one. I want an rmr for my solgw 10.5 upper. I already have a LaRue mount. I've been trying to decide between the rmr and the sro and dot sizes. This may settle things

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    The SRO I think didnt take the market like they wanted it to and compared to several years ago there is a ton of competition when they were were heads and shoulders above a majority of the market. I'd be interested in seeing the MSRP on these. It would have to be pretty competitive to get me to upgrade. My RMR has been good on my AR for almost two years without a battery change.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    The SRO I think didnt take the market like they wanted it to and compared to several years ago there is a ton of competition when they were were heads and shoulders above a majority of the market. I'd be interested in seeing the MSRP on these. It would have to be pretty competitive to get me to upgrade. My RMR has been good on my AR for almost two years without a battery change.
    I mostly see sros on comp pistols. It's not as durable as the rmr but there are companies that make shields/armor for them.

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    Yes but I think they really wanted to reach over to the casual and tactical owner, but it seems that Holosun filled in that gap. I know that Holosun's new Comp reddot is selling like hot cakes right now. I guess we will see when the reviews get released in a couple of days.

I don't think its going to be enough for me to invest in another RMR though, knowing Trijicon these new models will bomb proof but will require a mortgage payment to get one.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I haven't had any issues with holosun products but I don't have them on anything set up for defensive purposes. Those have rmrs, acogs and eotechs. I love the circle dots. My guess would be between 6-7 hundred. Not bad if you are only buying a couple. I wouldn't go swap out all my optics for one.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I haven't had any issues with holosun products but I don't have them on anything set up for defensive purposes. Those have rmrs, acogs and eotechs. I love the circle dots. My guess would be between 6-7 hundred. Not bad if you are only buying a couple. I wouldn't go swap out all my optics for one.

Agreed, the Trijicons are bomb proof and as near as unequivocally reliable as can be. I hope they are priced less than $600-$700 though. Ouch!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

IME, the SRO had reliability problems. I had 2 fail within 30 days of buying. A friend also had one die early, and know of several others, all within a small circle of competitors. I liked it though, it just didnt work, and at that price it has to work, forever. The RMR is bulletproof, but too small FOV for competition use. Really needed RMR reliability and did not get it.

Most of us switched from SRO to C-More or to FTP (me), Holosun or Delta.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Agreed, the Trijicons are bomb proof and as near as unequivocally reliable as can be. I hope they are priced less than $600-$700 though. Ouch!
    I'm basing that off how sros were at release.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    IME, the SRO had reliability problems. I had 2 fail within 30 days of buying. A friend also had one die early, and know of several others, all within a small circle of competitors. I liked it though, it just didnt work, and at that price it has to work, forever. The RMR is bulletproof, but too small FOV for competition use. Really needed RMR reliability and did not get it.

Most of us switched from SRO to C-More or to FTP (me), Holosun or Delta.
    The only trijicon I had die was an MRO. They sent me a new one

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I can't see whatever the reddit thing is - screen cap?

Guessing its a pic of the enclosed emitter RMR thing that looks like a Steiner and an ACRO had a three way with an RMR and then got beat with the whole ugly tree? That thing?

Trijicon and Glock are great at playing catch up while other companies innovate, and yet they still somehow miss the mark when they do release something.

The new enclosed RMR is too big for what it is, and the only benefit it has going is it fits RMR footprint, and doesn't need a clamp like an ACRO.

The prices I've seen thrown around also have it as being $200-400 more then an RMR. I know they can't compete with Chinesium on price point, but there's no reason this new sight should be priced more than $100 beyond an RMR. Even then, those sights are way too expensive for what they are these days, despite being US made.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    NRA's American Rifleman magazine Dec 2023 has a feature article on the new Trijicon RMR HD & RCR red dots. They also posted the story online with better photos to examine the devices.

I have been a fan boy of red dots for several years as my arms not long enough to see front sight clearly anymore. :cool:;)
    The new Trijicon red dots are an improvement over the prior models. I like the ease of battery replacement, install without adapter plate, better controls of dot, etc. Very tempted to get a new one but how is the market to sell a used RMR Type 2 sight?

Attachments

• trijicon_rmr-hd_rcr.jpg
      trijicon_rmr-hd_rcr.jpg
      16.1 KB · Views: 30
    Top Bottom