Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    y7ypyra9.jpg
    qypase7y.jpg
    5usa4ure.jpg

Here's a few that were worthy of photos.

y7yjanyt.jpg

4y5yve6y.jpg

3usyhe5e.jpg

2usysuge.jpg

u5ade4yv.jpg

nu2ehy8u.jpg
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I lived in Oklahoma, I prowled the Broken Bow area. I went swimming in Broken Bow lake and while standing in waist deep water, I could see my toes!

Good going on the trout fishing. It looks like a great trip!

Flash

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    The water was very clear in areas where the trees weren't blocking the sunlight. I could see the trout and had a good idea of where to cast to allow the current to drag the fly/egg right by them.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Nice looking troot there. I really need to get one of my fly rods and my fly vice out of the garage and get to work, it's been way too long since I've fly fished. That is probably the number one thing I miss about living in AZ and near UT was the plethora of trout fishing (I used to work at Lee's Ferry Anglers that fished in Glen Canyon). Too bad I think I already missed the white bass run here on the San Gabriel but I can always tie me up some simple streamers and slay some crappie (most crappie seem to love leech patterns which are uber simple to tie).

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That was my first time fly fishing. It's quite a bit different than reeling in a bass or catfish.

Keep practicing then and maybe someday you can fish the pro trout. The ones in Glen Canyon were super freaking smart rainbows (and very rarely browns). Had to have an absolute perfect dead drift with nymph patterns with at least 30-40' casts or they would turn you down everytime. In addition to that the walkin area out there made you have to mend across usually 5+ different current speeds. If you took one of the guide boats upstream it was a bit easier but by no means a cake walk. If you ever want to make it up to my neck of the woods I could always give you a bit of instruction on the San Gabriel (I need some new 5wt line first though).

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    That's a very kind offer but that was my one and only vacation of the year. The rest of this year will be spent "on call". I did see some large brown trout but could not bring them in. I'm sure my parents would do pretty well in the area you were referring to. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit but my stepdad has been fly fishing over 40 years and my mom out-fishes most men.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That's a very kind offer but that was my one and only vacation of the year. The rest of this year will be spent "on call". I did see some large brown trout but could not bring them in. I'm sure my parents would do pretty well in the area you were referring to. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit but my stepdad has been fly fishing over 40 years and my mom out-fishes most men.

Not surprised the browns didn't bite. They are renowned for being very wary.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Top Bottom