Target Sports

TV Programs You Enjoy Watching..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Having watched and enjoyed the FBI series, started watching FBI International tonight... Does the FBI really operate outside the US borders?

13centkiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Umbarger TX
    We Were the Lucky Ones
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9114512/
    View attachment 449490

It's an eight episode mini series on Hulu. It's so similar to a book I recently finished, "On Sunny Days We Sang." that I first thought it was a TV adaptation of it. But I don't think it is. It's just similar stories about this horrible time in history.
    It starts in 1938 Poland, just before the Nazi invasion. People watched in disbelief as things kept getting worse. The most innocuous and innocent decisions often had life and death consequences.
    The last, and I believe final, episode will be available at 11:00 pm tonight. (5/1/2024) As I watch what is happening on college campuses across the country, the show is eerily timely.
    It's a good, if disturbing, watch.
    Damn good show

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I am watching the PBS - U of M channel right now in the wee hours - a repeat of the Sunday show called GUILT.

The third and final season airs on Sundays from April 28 to May 19, 2024.

I have noticed that many of the PBS shows, British mysteries, etc., now have fewer seasons AND fewer shows PER SEASON lately.

NOT all of them do this but many of them are starting to do this with and without the SCAMDEMIC - plan-demic FLU bs RESTRICTIONS that stopped many shows from filming.

Old Lady Cate

ADDED more and typos!

Last edited:

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Having watched and enjoyed the FBI series, started watching FBI International tonight... Does the FBI really operate outside the US borders?
    I used to be a fan of the FBI series but the last two seasons have degenerated into typical woke drivel with underlying woke and leftist themes . The strong male members of the cast have been neutered while the female leadership and agents thumb their noses at all the rules.

FBI International suffers from some of this but at least provides a good story line with interesting plots. I try to look beyond the Hollywood nonsense because there is really not much else to watch on tv

And yes, most federal LEO departments maintain foreign offices ostensibly to coordinate with Interpol and others but mostly to give them extra reach on perps who flee to other countries as well as to be close to the sources of intel

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    ScreenShot_20240517213728.png

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Almost ALL of the crime and mystery shows have DECLINED 99% when it comes to their writing. And the writers make most of the MEN, formerly strong, fair and sane policemen, look or act stupid.

They do that to most males on MANY types of shows and in the movies too.

Plus they choose to show needless violence and other things that are NOT needed for the CRIME PLOT or script for ANY show.

I QUIT almost all of them. My husband did too.

Plus they got really nutso on the GUN, gun and gun - anti gun talk and other BS when it comes to an US versus THEM when they talk about, gasp, guns!

LOOK! I see a gun! OMG - save us now! Bla and bla. Pure BS talk and brainwashing. They don't call it PROGRAMMING for no reason or TELL A VISION - television.

ANTI gun talk in THEIR OWN WAY. That goes for the so called NEWS MEDIA too.

I am going by OTA = over the air shows using a small indoor antenna in my house and not on cable, not on a sat. dish and not through PAID streaming.

I do watch a bit of OTA shows, some FREE ones on Tubi, YT, etc. online.

The so called comedy shows are not funny. I or we QUIT them. They have NOT BEEN FUNNY for many, many years.

The reality and contest shows are just plain STUPID and I can't see how any person would WANT or CHOOSE to watch them at all. We NEVER got into them from the gitgo. And I am talking about now and 20 plus years ago too.

I do like many of the OLD westerns and a few of the newer westerns.

I never liked or got into science fiction shows and even THEY have their own agenda. How people can get wrapped up in one or ten shows of some 'famous' science fiction tv show or movie is beyond me.

But like they say, "To each their own!"

Reading, swimming, walking, enjoying the outdoors and shooting are much more enjoyable. Etc.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    My late husband liked a BIT of the original Star Trek tv show. He saw some of the 'repeats' on the boob tube in the 70's and on. I never cared for the ST show so I left him alone in the den and went into the living room.

I do not know the actual years when those ORIGINAL ST tv shows were made, only in the 60's or not (?), but it MAY have been when he was in the USN and overseas. I am clueless there!

So he got to see some of the ST repeats back east in the house that we built.

He even said that many of those ST tv shows went down the tubes as did MOST of the tv shows.

My late husband ONLY liked a FEW of the PBS British mystery shows that I liked too. So I watched them in the living room so they did not bother him.

BOTH of us loved to READ, swim, sail and power boat a lot - much more than watching the boob tube. Etc.!

BOTH of us LIKED the OLD and ORIGINAL Law and Order tv show with Jerry Orbach and others. I think that show still ran AFTER he died. But some of those shows DID DECLINE in my very BIASED opinion.

Anyway, my MT husband had not seen many of the ORIGINAL L&O shows and he bought the COMPLETE set of the ORIGINAL Law and Order shows for me @ the former, now CLOSED UP Hastings store in town - marked way down in price. I watched them MANY times, he watched the DISCS ONLY once or twice since his high stress 24/7 job messed up anything that he would watch on live OTA tv. He told me that he did NOT care if I gifted or donated that set because he would NOT watch them all OVER again too. I did get good use out of the gift but after time, I decided to PASS THEM ON.

I finally GIFTED my entire L&O ORIGINAL SET to an older close friend out here plus we gave him MANY other discs AND to the library too. We always donate books and cheapo films to the library after some time.

Soon, the way things are going, we will be down to almost ZERO in discs. DVD and Blue/blu ray ones. The machine plays both types.

We still have the complete set of LONGMIRE for now, some but NOT all of the JOHN WAYNE movies - some were gifted, LONESOME DOVE, etc.

I may GIFT the PBS SHOW called VICTORIA and it ran for 3 seasons but even that WENT DOWN the tubes in MY opinion. LOL

They put stuff in the VICTORIA SHOW that was NOT NEEDED just to spice (?!?) stuff up but I think that it was STUPID in the PLOT LINE and not really needed.

I did SEE the VICTORIA SHOW on PBS when it came on. I got the Victoria set as a gift from my husband and I watched it several times. He only watched VICTORIA when it was on the PBS channel live and he SAID that it went down the tubes too.

Some of the shows on OTA - ION TV CHANNEL are so so.

I do NOT follow them religiously and some of them - I just QUIT them TOTALLY due to the VIOLENCE or rape/stab/shooting crapola.

Plus many of them don't make sense to me since I NEVER SAW THEM from the beginning to understand some of the ongoing PLOTS and ongoing relationships. Like why one LE man had money in his safe in some CHICAGO police show. It was in his basement if I remember the show. So was he a GOOD MAN or bad man?! HIS OWN MONEY or what now?

A LOT OF THOSE PEOPLE in that show and in others have relationships that you would not see in REAL LIFE and the plots are really confusing unless you know the OLD former story.

Even my husband said that a LOT of it had to do with shows that he NEVER SAW or the same ones got REPEATED over and over again.

HE QUIT THEM and so did I but I guess that the original show is still playing on NBC - OTA channel.

I DO think that the one OLDER actor with the SHORT grey/gray HAIR is handsome in his own way and he ACTS okay in the repeated CHICAGO police show on the ION CHANNEL - free OTA one but if I don't get the ENTIRE PLOT or ongoing story - I just let it GO.

LOOKS do NOT make the show - handsome man or not. He does act like a MAN though and not some confused HALF MAN - half woman. Some of the shows were okay and they had a SPECIFIC plot - a REAL beginning and END to a story.

I can't even THINK of his name now. REAL NAME or in the tv show! The man/actor with the SHORT HAIRCUT WITH GREY/GRAY HAIR.

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:
    Top Bottom