Gun Zone Deals

TX native just stumbled across this site withing the past six months.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnygotagun

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2023
    Texas
    So where to start? My interest in firearms shifted due to economics, or basic economic principles! My local walmart completely dried up. The Sandy Hook response emptied everything. ...Around this time I made many trips for diapers and took some extra time to breathe while I was out! I made friends with with folks at the sporting goods section. Bill and Betty. Bill, now retired, introduced me to the concept of reloading and I spent hours over the next year meeting with them. Conversations would range from reloading concepts, light family discussion, and to the interactions with good customers as well as the more confrontational ammo stalkers, back when another site would actually allow you to get a live view into Walmart's inventory system...

The supply and demand was intriguing....and after a long dry spell, with many discussions about how even the local security guards were grabbing up the few firearms as they were put for sale at 0800, while traveling for work I saw an AR at Walmart....Summer of 2013 and I bought it immediately after making a preliminary plan on how store/stash it while I was out of state for another month! That night, I went home and only began to learn about the rifle I'd purchased... It's been a slow burn at time, and somedays I may spend time learning history about something I see for sale, or perhaps spend a few hours watching someone troubleshoot and resolve and over gassed system. Each week I'm learning more!

Up until this year I've been lurking another similarly named trading website for 10 years. No reputation system, very little dialogue happens outside of pm for sales/trades and that was usually via a 'sales listing' with warnings of a scammer, or someone who wants above MSRP for their used items. ... this place seems to be quite the opposite with hundreds of folks conversing. I am looking forward to reading your posts and learning from you all. I'll spend most of my time in the background but maybe the conversation will stray into my narrow areas of knowledge, or perhaps something I don't need for the right price!
    Venture Surplus ad

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_8319.jpeg

JetJockey

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Granbury
    Hello, I am recently retired from 36 years as a pilot for Delta Air Lines and 8 years as a Naval Aviator. I have been involved with firearms and reloading all my life but I am now looking forward to really having a chance to fully enjoy my passion! I just got back from a week at the Whittington Center in New Mexico and I had a blast! I have been a lurker on this site for a while, I'm not a big conversationalist, but now it appears that I will have to become one in order to answer some of the listings on the Classified Board!

Top Bottom