• TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    Well that was very interesting.
    Luckily, we were doing a technology assessment and were not a … longer term guest.
    Visited each of the different areas. Wow.
    Really interesting place. Lots of things we take for granted.
    I‘m happy to say my team and I were also released today.

DDSS! Don’t Do Stupid Shi* and stay out.
    Venture Surplus ad

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Back before retirement one of my accounts was State of Nevada. Inspecting the prisons was an eye opener the first time. The worst were the women’s prisons, nothing like Chained Heat. and do not wear any denim or blue clothes

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Well that was very interesting.
    Luckily, we were doing a technology assessment and were not a … longer term guest.
    Visited each of the different areas. Wow.
    Really interesting place. Lots of things we take for granted.
    I‘m happy to say my team and I were also released today.

DDSS! Don’t Do Stupid Shi* and stay out.
    Should have made reservations for Brandon and Hunter while you were there. :laughing:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Worked for the county way back when, and part of my responsibilities included maintaining computers in the jails. Being a county jail the security was pretty lax, and I was left to roam the ward as I needed. When it was time to leave, I would get some really funny looks from inmates when I would walk up to the main gate, press the call button and the gate would open. There were a few you could literally see the gears turning, wondering if it would work for them too.

If I forgot to bring a lunch and didn't want to spend money, I could always go over to the jail and get a sandwich too. That was nice.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Had a distant relative in TDC. The darkness over those places is weird. I visited that person with another relative of mine a few times. its a weird scene. At first being locked in a room with a dozen inmates was weird. But they were just there seeing their families too.

That person passed away (natural causes) so I don't go anymore. Im OK if I never see the inside again.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Had a friend who used to have the Vacaville Medical Facility in California ( where the kept Charles Manson and a couple thousand other sickos) as one of his accounts. He used to tell me stories about some of the inmates he encountered while working there and tge general cloud of evil that rested on that place. I drove by there a few times and it gave me the cold sweats just looking at the outside.

My wife’s cousin had a boyfriend who worked as a guard at Pelican Bay and that guy was as sick as any of the maximum security inmates there.

Prisons are another world

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    ***NO***
    And if we’re successful, any devices they “keester in” won’t work either…
    It’s a new program. They don’t need to keester anything anymore. Idk if they have the program here in Texas yet but they do Wisconsin. I’ve got a buddy in jail up there. I was just asking out of curiosity.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    I worked for a privately run county jail. We also took in State unmates and a few U.S. Marshal inmates.
    It's an experience I'm glad I had, but wouldn't;t repeat for all the money in the world. I hoped state run prisons would be better, but talking with CO who work them, I doubt it.

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Looked into a nursing career with the DOC......hard pass......

It would tug at my heart daily working with all those nice innocent folks..........
    One of the most difficult parts of the job, trying to remain "professional" and "objective" listening to someone's medical complaints/concerns when you know this particular dirtbag doing life stomped an infant to death.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    One of the most difficult parts of the job, trying to remain "professional" and "objective" listening to someone's medical complaints/concerns when you know this particular dirtbag doing life stomped an infant to death.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    Agreed........

Not responding punitively would have been my problem.........

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Fort Bend County has Tablets that you lease from them they take it out of your commissary account. They said it has help keep the inmates calmer as they are not as bored.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The 'no hostages past here' sign was a little scary. The warden's weapons board was interesting.
    Boston Concord prison when a bad dude was 'checking in' with about 100 # of chains was interesting too.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Had a friend who used to have the Vacaville Medical Facility in California ( where the kept Charles Manson and a couple thousand other sickos) as one of his accounts. He used to tell me stories about some of the inmates he encountered while working there and tge general cloud of evil that rested on that place. I drove by there a few times and it gave me the cold sweats just looking at the outside.

My wife’s cousin had a boyfriend who worked as a guard at Pelican Bay and that guy was as sick as any of the maximum security inmates there.

Prisons are another world
    There are two prisons there in Vacaville Commiefornia. One is the medical prison that all inmates in theCommiefornia prison system go thru for evaluation. Then they go to their assigned institution. Next door is the vacaville Prison which is high security o e level below max. The city has a park with the little league baseball fields next door

Top Bottom