DK Firearms

unruly, inconsiderate, and possibly dangerous neighbors.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i took my dog out to pee earlier and as soon as the elevator opens another tenant is standing there with his two dogs that start attacking my dog its not the first time its happened with this guy, my dog is a chicken who couldn't hurt anything if he tried. i hurry up and drag my dog outside almost busting the door off the hinges i turn around and tell he needs to control his f!@#ing dogs before they hurt another dog or a person for that matter (not the best way to tell him i know). i go outside to let my dog pee and the guy follows me outside and starts yelling at me and he finally charges me trying to get me to hit him he gets about two feet from me ( my dog is cowering behind me at this point peeing on himself and some how peeing all over my new shoes) and i tell him to get the hell away from or im calling the cops so he keeps trying to get me to hit him and i keep telling him to get the hell away from. he finally walks off and i go ahead and call the cops just to get it on record that i called, obviously the cops couldnt do anything because he didnt threaten me or assault me. im really getting tired of this crap, im going down to the office to file a complaint and as soon as our lease is up we're moving which is crappy because i really like this place. what really bites my ass is this guy is a new orleans refugee who is unemployed and still living off government money from what a friend at the leasing office told me and he has to receiving quite a bit because with what i ay in rent i could afford a dang house.
    Texas SOT

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    What complex is this at? I'm in the Dallas area too living in an apartment, but only have cats. Our complex offers dog walking areas and a small "park" where they can use the bathroom, but my neighbors let their dogs shit all over our sidewalk in front of my door, and the surrounding grassy areas I walk through (as well as others) to get to my vehicle. More than once I've stepped in their crap and had to spend 10+ minutes scrubbing it out of my boots. It's so frustrating, especially when I open my front door and smell it, sometimes sitting just in front of my welcome mat.

I hate making trouble for other people, but I would definitely have called the police in your situation as well. Maybe next time you have trouble with his dogs let him know you are going to report him for misconduct (proper term?) because he is letting his dogs attack other resident's pets.

Until then, I'd pick up and carry my dog to the grass. Assuming he's not a big dog or anything.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    "...his dogs attacked mine, walked away, he kept coming at me, I told him to stop, he came forward, I maced him"

Really though, I hope that works out. When we were living in the Budget Suites we were surrounded lots of Katrina refugees still getting money from the govt :rolleyes: It gets old living with neighbors that have no common courtesy or sense.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I had a similiar problem with a small dog attacking my dog. The owners let it out without a lease and it is very dog aggressive. It is some sort of mop dog mix, maybe 10 pounds. I have a Belgian shepard (about 45 lbs) mix who is pretty calm around other dogs, and well trained to listen to my commands. The little dog kept coming up snarling and biting my dogs on the legs, drawing blood on several occasions. The last time it happened I punted the dog accross the lawn and warned the owners that I would be a the office as soon as they opened the next day, they laughed like it was a game or something. They speak no english it seems, but I shown the complex manager the pics of the wounds on my dogs legs and explained the situation to them. They did hand deliver a warning letter to the people. So far it is on a leash each time I have seen it. If my dog did'nt listen to my commands then he would easily kill there dog, Ive seen him tear up squirrels and it aint pretty. So I feel your aggravation. I would go to the office as you suggested and talk to the manager.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    "...his dogs attacked mine, walked away, he kept coming at me, I told him to stop, he came forward, I maced him"

Really though, I hope that works out. When we were living in the Budget Suites we were surrounded lots of Katrina refugees still getting money from the govt :rolleyes: It gets old living with neighbors that have no common courtesy or sense.

yea i just ordered a kimber jpx jet protector a few minutes ago so next time he gets in my personal bubble he has a little surprise coming, my app is still processing for my CHL but a situation like that dosent warrant lethal force nor would i want to use it to do so, but im tired of waiting for my plastic. i talked to the management (he lives next door) and we are going to file a formal complaint and hopefully get him evicted, apparently they have had alot of problems with him like checks bouncing, multiple incidents with his dogs, and having other problems with tenants so we will see. there should be a law if you have to evacuate an area because of a catastrophe you have to go back when its over immediately.

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I just moved back to Fort Worth from New Orleans (I'm from TX, I was stationed there at the Naval Base). Trust me, I have felt your pain before. Hopefully they evict him, and he realizes he should move back to Louisiana.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    What complex is this at? I'm in the Dallas area too living in an apartment, but only have cats. Our complex offers dog walking areas and a small "park" where they can use the bathroom, but my neighbors let their dogs shit all over our sidewalk in front of my door, and the surrounding grassy areas I walk through (as well as others) to get to my vehicle. More than once I've stepped in their crap and had to spend 10+ minutes scrubbing it out of my boots. It's so frustrating, especially when I open my front door and smell it, sometimes sitting just in front of my welcome mat.

I hate making trouble for other people, but I would definitely have called the police in your situation as well. Maybe next time you have trouble with his dogs let him know you are going to report him for misconduct (proper term?) because he is letting his dogs attack other resident's pets.

Until then, I'd pick up and carry my dog to the grass. Assuming he's not a big dog or anything.

i would rather not say the name cause my buddy could get into alot of trouble for telling me the things he told me but i live in the design district in downtown dallas there's only 2 or 3 complexes down here. a for carrying my dog to the grass although he would love it my back wouldnt he's a 70 pound lab mix lol.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    That's why I have rented houses back in the day even some that were pretty crappy but at least I didn't have to deal with those kind very often.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    They aint going back to Louisiana, they have it made here living off government assistance, living in section 8 housing, sucking up all of our tax dollars and you and I break our backs working while they live for free.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hmmm....he apparently makes you concerned for your physical safety, right? Would you turn your back on him? If he makes you concerned, and you wouldn't turn your back on him, then go find you a cop in a coffee shop, buy him a cup and ask him for input/suggestions. There's probably a couple of things you could file on him - but I'm way too rusty in some of the finer points to try to tell ya. Just go find a cop and pick his brains - most of 'em HATE jerks like that - makes their lives hard, too!

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    years ago in my first house in a nice subdivision I raised poodles and Yorkies and this poodle from 3 blocks away comes down
    and craps and pees on all my bushes and such. My wife found out where the dog lived and told the woman she better keep it on a leash,
    Oh no he is to high strung to be tied up.
    The next time he came down to the house he went home painted highway yellow, never saw him again.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Since his dogs attacked yours, file a complaint with the local city animal shelter.. Also, since you have a buddy in the leasing office that is aware of other attacks on pets.......find out who it happened to. Contact them to have them file a complaint with the local animal shelter. Not much will probably happen right away. You are looking to establish a paper trail and history of attacks. You'll be much better off if you get one or two others to do the same. This can come in handy later on, especially if your dog gets attacked again or you end up in a fight with the guy (it could possibly be used later to establish a timeline and that he may be harassing you over the complaint). This can go several ways, mostly to your benefit.

Also, like Shorts said...somebody's dog attacks yours, you exchange words, then they turn around to follow you & charge at you........I'd say you have a decent case for fear of immediate danger. I'd mace the guy.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    yea i just ordered a kimber jpx jet protector a few minutes ago so next time he gets in my personal bubble he has a little surprise coming, my app is still processing for my CHL but a situation like that dosent warrant lethal force nor would i want to use it to do so, but im tired of waiting for my plastic. i talked to the management (he lives next door) and we are going to file a formal complaint and hopefully get him evicted, apparently they have had alot of problems with him like checks bouncing, multiple incidents with his dogs, and having other problems with tenants so we will see. there should be a law if you have to evacuate an area because of a catastrophe you have to go back when its over immediately.

Ya might want to pick up some refills for that I think you're going to need them

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    None of my advice would be legal and would leave a stain on the soul when attempting the Pearly gates when the call comes.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    KPRC News - Joel Isembalm
    713-778-4941

I can see the news headline now
    Hurricane Katrina Evacuee still living in Houston on your Tax dollars
    Complex not allowed to evict them...

Pepper spray works great against dogs
    9mm works great against thugs

you don't know me

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Go down to you're local Academy or bass pro or whatever and get some bear mace hit the dogs and him with it the next time and don't stop until they both quit advancing! Regular pepper spray should work to, if you have a friend in law enforcement to find you the strongest spray you can legally carry.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    KPRC News - Joel Isembalm
    713-778-4941

I can see the news headline now
    Hurricane Katrina Evacuee still living in Houston on your Tax dollars
    Complex not allowed to evict them...

Pepper spray works great against dogs
    9mm works great against thugs

you don't know me

Yeah More like, Hurricane Katrina evacuee is discriminated against and mistreated! Complex evicted him is facing a law suit from civil rights groups.
    Hey I know maybe Obama will have yall over for a beer now.

Top Bottom