• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Ok. I'm retarded too. I was trying to do some video recording earlier - using my iPhone as a camera, testing out a new lav mic. Set the phone up on a camera tri-pod using what HAD been a strong jaw type clamp to hold the phone and attach to the tripod. I turned my back for a moment - then a gust of wind came up. Blew my tripod over. Launched my phone out of the fucking clamp. Into a creek (I was parked on a bridge here in our neighborhood)

When I tried logging into MyVerizon on my PC to see what my options are about activing an old phone, or ordering a replacement - it will not let me log in without verifying on my phone - there is *NO* option to log in without verifying through the phone app. So if you lose or break your phone - you are fucked. The ONLY way to access your account is going in to a Verizon store.
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Can you log into your Verizon acct on your computer?

When I tried logging into MyVerizon on my PC to see what my options are about activing an old phone, or ordering a replacement - it will not let me log in without verifying on my phone - there is *NO* option to log in without verifying through the phone app.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Can you log into your Verizon acct on your computer?

Some companies allow using email or an alternate method to log into their accounts.

Unfortunately - not Verizon.

I asked the guy at the Verizon store - he said they get a lot of complaints about it, and they complain themselves about it. Stupidest security feature ever. If you break or lose your primary phone (or only phone) then you are stuck going in to a store to get your issues resolved.

Oh, and I guess they did away with the feature of being able to just re-activate old phones too - I tried that, and the guy said "yeah, can't do that anymore either" - you have to bring the device you want re-activated in for them to do it (so they can charge you an activation fee, naturally) -- last time I smashed a phone to being unusable, all I had to do was turn it off and power up an old phone and dial a number to re-activate the old phone. They don't do that anymore either.

The process to get a new phone was faily painless, at least. Now, just like a new computer, I have to dig up all my passwords and update everything. Apparently none of today's text messages, pictures, or videos had synched with iCloud - so I lost all of today's stuff, but I was good thru yesterday at least so I still have all my important messages and notes and whatnot.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    We have been moving SIMS between phones on Verizon for a while. Every now and they ask if that is an authorized by us new phone. Will have to check how my next replacement goes.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    We have been moving SIMS between phones on Verizon for a while. Every now and they ask if that is an authorized by us new phone. Will have to check how my next replacement goes.

Could be something related to eSIM - physical SIM cards may be uneffected by the new nonsense, I dunno - or maybe if a phone's IMEI or EID is removed from their network / deactivated, that's how they're doing it now, I didn't ask how the change got implemented.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I just tried to log on to Verizon on my home computer using only my sign on and password and it sent a verification code to my phone. I couldn't figure out a way to sign on to my account without the phone verification. I had no idea. Hope I don't need to pay my bill when I don't have my phone handy.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I just tried to log on to Verizon on my home computer using only my sign on and password and it sent a verification code to my phone. I couldn't figure out a way to sign on to my account without the phone verification. I had no idea. Hope I don't need to pay my bill when I don't have my phone handy.

That was yet another issue I was concerned about, if I couldn't get something to work. Bill coming due, and not having access to pay. That'd also probably require a trip to town to pay in person.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The final resting place of my lost iPhone 13.

IMG_0002.jpeg

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    I dumped Verizon a couple of years ago and went to Patriot. IIRC, they said replacement was entirely electronic (PC, phone) HOWEVER, I have not needed to put that to the test....yet.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Verizon, quite possibly, is the worst of the providers.
    They kept bumping our monthly rate until we finally dumped them. Then they proceeded to bill us for the next four months. THEN, called to threaten sending it to collections. I had some choice words with them and they agreed to clear it out and shut it down.
    I told them, at this point, I will need confirmation that it's closed.
    In writing.
    They complied.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Some 8 or 9 years back with the big Yahoo ‘’hack’’; thousands of us were just shut-off permanently; all data, contacts, links, etc. just gone. And Yahoo wouldn’t even talk to us victims.

<>

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Verizon, quite possibly, is the worst of the providers.
    They kept bumping our monthly rate until we finally dumped them. Then they proceeded to bill us for the next four months. THEN, called to threaten sending it to collections. I had some choice words with them and they agreed to clear it out and shut it down.
    I told them, at this point, I will need confirmation that it's closed.
    In writing.
    They complied.

I've carrier hopped before, have always drifted back because sadly, the other large carriers (and a small one) I tried all sucked in worse ways. ATT had trash service. T-Mobile was better customer service wise, but they were leasing ATT network time which meant trash service. Had a Cricket phone for a while, that was trash service too. Verizon hasn't increased my rate since I have had this plan - I'm also loathe to switch plans, because IIRC, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I think they mentioned if I switched, their current "unlimited" plan was even more expensive. They're also our literal sole option for high speed internet here at home that also doesn't suck.

If you don't have Verizon home internet here, you're stuck with satellite (HughesNet = trash) or DSL. No cable, no fiberoptic (the new subdivision across 1488 will have that though, because Comcast and Verizon and all the other wired providers looooove new construction)

We had a quote of $100,000 to run cable. The lady from Comcast laughed and said "you could always get your neighbors to sign up and share the cost" - like bitch, please - even if 20 neighbors signed up right now - thats still $5,000 a pop, and you still want to charge us $100+ a month for service?

Having been a HughesNet customer before, I swore them off like the banshees they are.

IIRC I've been with Verizon for about 12 years, and went to an unlimited data plan with them 10 years ago.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I should add - we had ATT for our business phones before I moved to Texas - my business partner was a SAR member, and he got a discount and preferential network access and so he pushed for us to use ATT. AAA Oregon-Idaho likewise used ATT for their issued phones and tablets (and us contractors were issued a tablet for each of our employees to use for call routing / mapping, as they wanted control over all physical devices that used their software) - ATT would lose service any time we were near tall trees, tall buildings, or go into a ravine. Being in the Portland area - that was a lot of spotty service.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've carrier hopped before, have always drifted back because sadly, the other large carriers (and a small one) I tried all sucked in worse ways. ATT had trash service. T-Mobile was better customer service wise, but they were leasing ATT network time which meant trash service. Had a Cricket phone for a while, that was trash service too. Verizon hasn't increased my rate since I have had this plan - I'm also loathe to switch plans, because IIRC, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan and I think they mentioned if I switched, their current "unlimited" plan was even more expensive. They're also our literal sole option for high speed internet here at home that also doesn't suck.

If you don't have Verizon home internet here, you're stuck with satellite (HughesNet = trash) or DSL. No cable, no fiberoptic (the new subdivision across 1488 will have that though, because Comcast and Verizon and all the other wired providers looooove new construction)

We had a quote of $100,000 to run cable. The lady from Comcast laughed and said "you could always get your neighbors to sign up and share the cost" - like bitch, please - even if 20 neighbors signed up right now - thats still $5,000 a pop, and you still want to charge us $100+ a month for service?

Having been a HughesNet customer before, I swore them off like the banshees they are.

IIRC I've been with Verizon for about 12 years, and went to an unlimited data plan with them 10 years ago.

We use Nextlink. It’s pretty good. Better than a hotspot, but not blazing fast. Wireless line of site service.

What kind of mic did you get?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I should add - we had ATT for our business phones before I moved to Texas - my business partner was a SAR member, and he got a discount and preferential network access and so he pushed for us to use ATT. AAA Oregon-Idaho likewise used ATT for their issued phones and tablets (and us contractors were issued a tablet for each of our employees to use for call routing / mapping, as they wanted control over all physical devices that used their software) - ATT would lose service any time we were near tall trees, tall buildings, or go into a ravine. Being in the Portland area - that was a lot of spotty service.
    I've had ATT since 1990 for my personal phones, my company phone was Verizon. At Milan Arsenal in TN, the ATT and Verizon phones were equally spotty service. At Camp McCain, the ATT will often work when Verizon doesn't. The customer service at both leaves much to be desired.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Ok. I'm retarded too. I was trying to do some video recording earlier - using my iPhone as a camera, testing out a new lav mic. Set the phone up on a camera tri-pod using what HAD been a strong jaw type clamp to hold the phone and attach to the tripod. I turned my back for a moment - then a gust of wind came up. Blew my tripod over. Launched my phone out of the fucking clamp. Into a creek (I was parked on a bridge here in our neighborhood)

When I tried logging into MyVerizon on my PC to see what my options are about activing an old phone, or ordering a replacement - it will not let me log in without verifying on my phone - there is *NO* option to log in without verifying through the phone app. So if you lose or break your phone - you are fucked. The ONLY way to access your account is going in to a Verizon store.
    Did you go in after it. It's water resistant

Top Bottom